Dent in top tube

Thanks all. Appreciate the advice. I do particularly like these lugged frames and the Big Fork. They’re asking £75. If I can get it cheap I might have a throw of the dice.

Looks likely the handlebars have spun around in an off and the rubber grips have softened the blow. You can see on the brake cable where it has pulled the filaments a little. Personally I wouldn't be worried structurally, its double butted tubing but hardly the wafer thin sort. I'd still bid him low, straight bikes about at that money.

Looks likely the handlebars have spun around in an off and the rubber grips have softened the blow. You can see on the brake cable where it has pulled the filaments a little. Personally I wouldn't be worried structurally, its double butted tubing but hardly the wafer thin sort. I'd still bid him low, straight bikes about at that money.
Thanks Fettler. I left it in the end. I’m sure it would have been structurally fine but didn’t want to pay full money for something that was damaged. He’s now advertising it for twice as much! On the look out here for a ‘92 Trek 950 now.

Thanks Fettler. I left it in the end. I’m sure it would have been structurally fine but didn’t want to pay full money for something that was damaged. He’s now advertising it for twice as much! On the look out here for a ‘92 Trek 950 now.
Sounds like you dodged a bullet with a chancer like him

You really need to inspect it in person for a better assessment, otherwise look elsewhere aren't these a dime a dozen? There must be better ones out there

Latest posts

Back