Dekerf 853 Team SL SS: A New Level

Re:

This is one way of doing it:

file.php

but I think you'll agree this looks better:

file.php

You really don't need a disc on the back. It's kind of a luxury, like gears!

Re:

How about having some brake bosses added to the forks so they can take v's. . . must be possible and another consideration.

Re:

Disc brake front and V rear- save your money! And save the originality of the frame.

Re: Re:

suburbanreuben":27zh3es7 said:
You really don't need a disc on the back. It's kind of a luxury, like gears!

Good Call ;) and nice ride.

CTK":27zh3es7 said:
Disc brake front and V rear- save your money! And save the originality of the frame.

I think this is the way i'm going to go.

the_duke":27zh3es7 said:
How about having some brake bosses added to the forks so they can take v's. . . must be possible and another consideration.

I did think about this, but i DO want increased braking power, or should i say at least more consistent braking.

jimo746":27zh3es7 said:
What brake were you thinking of going with up front? and what brake for the rear? Matching levers would be a bonus (I hate having different levers, even worse if they are different colours :LOL: ).

I deal with a fair few disc equipped tourers and cross bikes at work, and my fave mechanical calipers at the moment are (a surprise for me) the Hayes ones. BB7 calipers do seem more ubiquitous though, so it may be one of those, mated to my M739 XT levers

I have the same frame as you and found an adapter which slides into the rear dropout and allows for the mounting of a disk rear. Works a treat. I think the adapter came from ebay. I ran this with BB7s and XTR levers which was highly effective in all conditions.

Re:

Ive got hayes mx4 mechanical calipers on my rockhopper and there great, uber adjustable and have good power. Just have to make sure the pad adjuster stays free from crud after every ride but we all do that anyway, right?

Well, ive had a long think about this, and decided to sell up and get a later model Solitare. It makes more sense to me and it will be ridden more. If anyones interested in this frame let me know, for sale thread will go up soon.
Sad, but i'd rather it be ridden!

Back