Marin 1996 Ultimate Titanium - Help Needed

Matttymm

Gold Trader
Marin Fan
Feedback
View
Hello fellow Retro Bikers

So I pulled the trigger on this frame;

I had no idea that there was a 1996 Ultimate Titanium; however the decals and logos are correct. The frame has the USA stamps so is lightspeed correct.

Has anyone any idea on how this would have come from the catalogue. ? Maybe a frame only option. !!??

I see there is no canti cable guide at the rear so I assume was running 1996 v brakes. ? Maybe 96 XTR ? The 96 Team Titanium and 96 Team Marin have the canti cable hanger

Anyone with any insight would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Matt

Attachments

• IMG_8924.jpeg
    IMG_8924.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8922.jpeg
    IMG_8922.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8923.jpeg
    IMG_8923.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8930.jpeg
    IMG_8930.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8929.jpeg
    IMG_8929.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8928.jpeg
    IMG_8928.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8927.jpeg
    IMG_8927.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8926.jpeg
    IMG_8926.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8925.jpeg
    IMG_8925.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 20
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Coincidentally I was looking at this less than a hour ago. Purely as it shares the brake stud plate thingy the same as my Xizang which I’m search for.

Ha. I’ve seen you’re looking for that plate thing mate. Can’t help you unfortunately.

Got my own conundrum to resolve with this frame.

That's nice!
Exactly how much stuff have you bought from that seller now?!
I know I've bought a fair few bits off him! 🤣

It is a conundrum.. i was looking at it too.. and also through the various catalogues. The best I could dig up was that “Ultimate” was just an up-spec’d Team Titanium. In other words, same frame, but with more chi chi parts..

I had thought it might be a Litespeed built frame, as per earlier Ti Marins but found nothing conclusive.

Nice frame regardless. Look forward to your build.

That's nice!
Exactly how much stuff have you bought from that seller now?!
I know I've bought a fair few bits off him! 🤣
He’s had some top stuff that’s for sure !

We are a community that’s getting smaller and smaller it feels.

I know a few that have acquired some special frames from him.

It is a conundrum.. i was looking at it too.. and also through the various catalogues. The best I could dig up was that “Ultimate” was just an up-spec’d Team Titanium. In other words, same frame, but with more chi chi parts..

I had thought it might be a Litespeed built frame, as per earlier Ti Marins but found nothing conclusive.

Nice frame regardless. Look forward to your build.
Not quite.

The Ultimate appeared in 1994 and as well as being a super spec’d up bike; the frame was built by lightspeed in the USA as opposed to Taiwan.

The fact that it’s got the USA stamped drop outs and bottom brackets is a sure thing.

I didn’t think the Ultimate was made later than 1994; so finding a 96 variant means it’s super puzzling.

The 1994 variant was £3750 so they didn’t make very many.

I’ve pinged lightspeed the frame number so that will help a bit.

The 1995 Ultimate was a frame only option.

So I’m guessing the same applies to the 96

Attachments

• IMG_8931.jpeg
    IMG_8931.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 10
Back