Dawes Edge Reynolds Hardtail MTB - Yellow.

Regarding the frame number being stamped over, I'm not sure that is of any relevance as Dawes no longer have any records of their older bikes, apparently all lost in the various owner changes over the years

Regarding the frame number being stamped over, I'm not sure that is of any relevance as Dawes no longer have any records of their older bikes, apparently all lost in the various owner changes over the years
Thanks for that.

Just the mind works overtime when the post code of the shop could just as easily been put on the opposing side of the BB shell.

I still need to speak to the original owner to completely satisfy myself !

Had a really nice conversation today with the original owner of the bike shop that sold this.

It wasn't the owners bike but he sold it. They recommended that all high end bikes had the shop post code stamped on the bottom bracket shell. It turned out to be a very successful scheme back in the day as they had quite a few stolen bikes recovered and returned to the original owner.

Unfortunately, the guy that worked for him got the first couple wrong and did it over the frame number!

The Manitou forks are definitely original.

Would have been a mixture of Deore/STX depending on the budget.

He's going to get back to me next week as he's kept all of his old records. He sold 10 or 12 of these but only had 2 yellow ones.

I'm going to wait to list it for sale until he's got back to me next week.

Last edited:
So, It's a bit later than I first thought; It's from 2002.

I'm going to list it this week but I may just list the frame and forks which will also include the BB, chainset, headset, seat post and colour matched bottle cage.

I think £90 would be a fair price for it.

Fab frames! They are on a par in my view with some of the American exotica (I have a 94/95 Edge XT in 653). They are desperately underrated and undervalued.

Back