Dawes Edge 631 Tubing 99?

Sidders

Retro Newbie
Any opinions on the Dawes Edge 631 tubing? Couldn’t help but buy one just now, pretty much timewalk condition from a chap just a couple of miles away from me (he bought it new from the bike shop halfway between mine and his)! Seems like a good steed and fairly light for a steel frame.

All original components other than the Halfords bikehut saddle (will need to change that)

Think it’s a 1999 but not sure…

Attachments

• 55EB9E3A-C627-46D9-874E-E1F25F4920E7.jpeg
    55EB9E3A-C627-46D9-874E-E1F25F4920E7.jpeg
    970.3 KB · Views: 38
Cool. Think another one of these popped up on here recently despite them being pretty rare. Not sure on the year but don't think your far off. 1999 / 2000 I reckon.

Thanks Joe. PeterPerfect had the Edge Team on here for sale but I enquired too late as it had just been stripped down although aware that the frame, forks and the majority of parts are available. I just didn’t have the time to start another build and then by fate came across the one I bought just down the road…

Never knew much about Dawes, but have since read many glowing reviews about the quality of their Reynolds frames

I’ve since had a few rides and can confirm it’s a good bit of kit. Fairly low end components on this model but they perform well. The frame is sweet though, and surprising the Maitou Spyders are in good shape and run like they should, more than adequate for what I use the bike for. Glad I bought it!

I’ve since had a few rides and can confirm it’s a good bit of kit. Fairly low end components on this model but they perform well. The frame is sweet though, and surprising the Maitou Spyders are in good shape and run like they should, more than adequate for what I use the bike for. Glad I bought it!
Looks like a 99. IMG_6770.jpeg

Back