dave's

Papa~Lazarou.jpg

As I'm Welsh I can honestly say I don't know any Dave's BUT............I know plenty of people called Dai :)

Usually in Wales its Dai the ........as in

Dai the Fish (funnily enough a fishmonger)
Dai the Box (TV Engineer)
Dai the Bank (Works in a Bank)
Dai the Bont (Licensee of the Bontnewydd Inn)

These are real people :shock:

I also know a Dai Smoke (40 a day), Chippie Dai (carpenter) and a Dai Punch (hard as nails but a nice bloke)

I had a mate who I knew as Jammie for a good number of years before I asked other mates why we called him that but alas nobody knew . We had to trace it back a few more years to when he was at school and apparently ate a doughnut once :roll:

It was a while longer before I thought to ask him what his real name was -

he didn't look like a dave , so stayed Jammie :LOL:

Every once in a while someone would ask us why we were calling him Jammie but all we could respond was " we don't actually know " . It's like adopting a pet , you can't rename it , no matter how silly it sounds when you find out the origin :LOL:

They are the same people who ask me what my surname is -

Its perry :roll:

Then I watch as they slowly add 1 + 1 and reply " oh , so whats your first name ?

I had a mate called Ging too ( hmm guess why .) A few of us were stood on his driveway one day waiting for him to sort his shite out and him mum came out and started talking about an Andrew ; I looked at each mate in turn discounting them one by one starting to wonder if Gings mum had lost it until it finally twigged and I said " Ohh Gings Andrew " :LOL:

I've a mate called shorty- he's 6'5. I've no idea of his real name and even when i asked him he looked at me like i was stupid and said 'its shorty innit'

One of the props for the Uni 3rd team was better known for his drinking abilities than his prowess on the pitch.

He was known universally as "Pace"

One night he and I were holding court in some kind of establishment, and I asked him "Pace, why are you called Pace?"

"Woody" he replied, "You don't know my first name do you?"

"No, Pace, I don't."

"It's Lackof"

Genuis. Still no idea what his real name was. Turned out he was also a mathematical genius.

We had Dogshit Dave at school. Stinky fecker he was, his dad was dog mad and the house was full of em. No-one ever went round for tea. Poor sod.

Back