Dave Yates Vulcan/Pace RC35s/Maguras.

😍Love it,want it and Daves mugshot painted on the frame is so cool 😁 i don't think i've seen that before, did you ask for it to be done or did he just paint it on anyways?

Pricewise like it's been mentioned they are rare with not many being made and desirable to people,so i wouldn't be selling it for pennies.

The Vulcan is now sold!

Thanks for all the interest.

The lucky one is ......

JeremyDCoopper!

He was the first to contact me, and has a need for one as some scumbag stole his old one when he was 17!

Cheers
Dave

I asked for the mugshot!
I think it was on his prototype (which I test rode)

Cool it sold, i would think a fair price too, the custom paint of dave and other things was a thing back in the day, there are a fare few examples of it, and several magazine reviews.

It was nice with Coloumbus max in it too. :cool:

History of my Vulcan...

1991 was riding a Kona Lava Dome with some random suspension forks.

Loved it but was always suffering from chain suck in the mud. (E stays were what I needed😍)

I wasn't very cashed up, but scored a job in Saudi, Tax free!

Many years earlier I bought an M. Steel road bike with my life savings.

M. Steel was my dream bike as I was winning a race on a shitbox bike as a 15 year old, then beaten on the line by an old dude (30yr old!) on an M.Steel!

So with my anticipated tax free wages I went off to M. Steel cycles in Gateshead.

Ended up at the factory talking to Dave.

Rode his Vulcan prototype, got measured up and deposit paid!

Specced up everything back at the shop. Ended up at 2000+ quid🤑

Got it mid 1992, was doing pre-Saudi courses in London, so rode it to all the tourist attractions in London.

Took it to Saudi end of '92, rode awesome goat trails/single track in the mountains. (heaven, but I did miss the mud!😅)

5 years in Saudi/Dubai/Oman, then back to Blighty.

Then got into Motorcycles, no MTBing for many years...😢

Probably 5-6 years later got a full suspension bike, loved it and rode many trails in South Wales, Poor old Vulcan was modded to suit wifey. (short stem, girly seat!)

Then brought it to Australia, wifey rode it a bit then houses/motorcycles/4x4s/life got in the way and Vulcan was retired in a shipping container for many years.

In the last 3 years I've had two accidents, broken back, pelvis & femur. Walking wounded now, not riding MTBs or Motorcycles again...😥

Knew I had to pass it on to someone who would appreciate it.

Found this Forum yesterday, sold today!

Cheers
Dave

Back