Dave Yates DONKISNOB

rideczech

Devout Dirtbag
Many of you will have seen the thread from my Ebay listing in the auction watch part of the site.

So...for sale as per the Ebay listing but with a better price! :D

Here we have a very rare Dave Yates DONKIS NOB frameset for sale. PLEASE NOTE - Just the frame, fork, Mavic 316 h/set and Royce Ti BB are for sale. The majority of the components are the original custom built spec and of the correct era. These will be listed seperately. The paintwork, as mentioned above, is original. Its in excellent condition and in my opinion does NOT need a respray. Infact I think is would be a crying shame to repaint it just to make it 'look new'. Its in extremely presentable condition and doesn't need any further investment.

This really is a classic piece of MTB history. I am the second owner having bought it from its original owner over 8 years ago.

The bike has now moved with me to the Czech Republic.

So thats a little about the history of the bike :)

The bike is really lovely to ride and benifits from being a nice compact size. It measures C to C 38.5cm and C to T 44cm so in old values its a 17''. The top tube (horizontal measurment) measures 58cm, so 22.8''.
It uses a mixture of Columbus Max OR and Reynolds 753. Also quite rare is the fact it has its original, painted Kona P2 triple butted forks which really complete the overall look of the bike/frame. Included in the sale is the original Mavic 316 headset and titanium axled Royce BB. In my opinion the bike has seen a very easy life and it shows in its condition. I've been riding bikes ALOT for over 20 years and I know a good one when I see one! :)

I have sent bike parts all over the world and be rest assured the item will be packed with loving care! :)

Frame number is 7062. This makes it from the bit of researsh I have done a 93-94 frame. Don't quote me on this though.

525GBP plus postage.

Thanks, Jody, rideczech.com

Attachments

• P1220315.jpg
    P1220315.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 2,366
  • P1220326.jpg
    P1220326.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,367
  • P1220324.jpg
    P1220324.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 2,366
  • P1220321.jpg
    P1220321.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 2,366
Papillon":abx72h5a said:
Postage to the UK ? Tracked insured ?

I shall check on prices....and yes of course it will be insured.

I would reckon between 40 and 50GBP for shipping to UK. May be a little less. I shall post exact costs once I have the details. :D

rideczech":3k7q8sgq said:
Is this still too expensive?..... :?:

I don't think it is, and if it were a Fat Chance it would be gone, it is just that most folk don't really know how good Dave's frames are.

Keep trying, somebody will be along in a bit.

NeilM":17i9187l said:
rideczech":17i9187l said:
Is this still too expensive?..... :?:

I don't think it is, and if it were a Fat Chance it would be gone, it is just that most folk don't really know how good Dave's frames are.

Keep trying, somebody will be along in a bit.

It certainly rides well :) I think its about right moneywise. And rare with this paintwork.

Back