Dave Yates Diabolo (1993?) Project

Thanks for the tips. I’ll strip the frame down and give it a polish then, that seems to be the consensus here anyway!

Out of interest, you mention alternative forks, I think there was a DAve Yates fork, not sure why I got the P2s (probably the DY ones were too pricey). What alternatives are out there? Or is it worth trying to track down the DY forks?
Re the forks what I mean is being the P2 fork they are something you do see up for sale reasonably often at not ridiculous money for good condition in black colour. That may be easier than stripping and painting if you are prepared to wait for some. Even stripping and painting not such an issue as black is pretty easy to colour match and the decals are available.
Dave Yates forks on their own in the right size for this don’t come up often at all, and then would probably need paint, nor do other suitable rigid forks at the price you see P2s sell for.

Re the forks what I mean is being the P2 fork they are something you do see up for sale reasonably often at not ridiculous money for good condition in black colour. That may be easier than stripping and painting if you are prepared to wait for some. Even stripping and painting not such an issue as black is pretty easy to colour match and the decals are available.
Dave Yates forks on their own in the right size for this don’t come up often at all, and then would probably need paint, nor do other suitable rigid forks at the price you see P2s sell for.
Gotcha! I’ll stick with these P2s then I think. I always liked the handling of this bike.

Back