Dave Yates Diabolo

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":32s2y0s6 said:
You could have pretty much what you wanted with them being made to order, heres my max stays, ritchey dropouts and the long headtube.

wOw8j5Yl.jpg

I love that and I love the matching forks. I’m leaning towards forks painted to match.

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":37260loy said:
You could have pretty much what you wanted with them being made to order, heres my max stays, ritchey dropouts and the long headtube.

wOw8j5Yl.jpg

Despite being a frame builder of hand built bikes, they all needed to be able to hit price points to compete with imports. The diablo/diabolo was probably the longest running mtb model, avaliable in a 3 sizes and 4 variations. with Custom options available as shown with yours from £65.00

Re:

I dug this out for you all, I knew I had it somewhere, there is another Ad which not only shows the later DY/Reynolds developed tubes but with the MAX team variant as well.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    370.9 KB · Views: 416
Finished pretty much.

Just needs a bit of brake set up, wheel truing and I'm awaiting the XTR headset. but until then it's done and ive just been out for a quick spin. Lovely feel to it, very stable and feels very fast. This will become my regular rider i think.

1992 Dave Yates Diabolo with 1st Generation Pace RC30 forks. Columbus Niva OR tubing, Metallic blue paint with white 'Blow' effect.
Full XTR M900 groupset (except the headset which is stuck in the postal system)
Syncros seatpost, Ritchey Logic white saddle and grips, Ritchey Pro-Lite handlebars, Litespeed Titanium Tuf-Nek Stem, Panaracer smoke/dart tyres

Early on in this build i toyed with repainting it with the forks to match, i may still do that in the months/years to come, but for now I've gone for the original condition and made it a proper rideable bike, this is no garage queen. The parts are all good but used, i haven't even cleaned the forks up or removed old bits of sellotape.
I love the look with all the logos everywhere, its busy but very attractive.

Attachments

• foto_no_exif-19 copy 2.jpg
    foto_no_exif-19 copy 2.jpg
    867 KB · Views: 277
  • foto_no_exif-19 copy 3.jpg
    foto_no_exif-19 copy 3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 274
  • foto_no_exif-19 copy 4.jpg
    foto_no_exif-19 copy 4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 275
  • foto_no_exif-19.jpg
    foto_no_exif-19.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 285
  • foto_no_exif-18.jpg
    foto_no_exif-18.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 283
  • foto_no_exif-19 copy.jpg
    foto_no_exif-19 copy.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 290
Now that's looking really nice Tom.

You've got me looking for one of those saddles now :roll: :LOL:

mk one":2smb7pgu said:
Now that's looking really nice Tom.

You've got me looking for one of those saddles now :roll: :LOL:

Cheers sir,

The saddle is lovely isnt it, i won't say its the most comfortable for my behind, but who needs comfort.

Latest posts

Back