Dave Yates Diabolo “Mountain High”

narcotitlan

Rocky Mountain Fan
This Dave Yates Diabolo/Diablo is finally getting underway, though I’ve already had about 10 changes of direction with the build already…

I think it’ll have the forks pictured, needs a longer steerer though, with the Bonty crowbar pictured. Main idea is to get it touring ready for the summer.
IMG_3696.jpeg

This frame will fit, but not 100% sure it’ll be a comfortable fit. Possibly on the large side in terms of standover. We’ll see. On the plus side, found a nice faceplate quill stem that’ll allow me to use Bontrager crowbars 🤓

Reactions: CTK
Update: decided to keep the P2 forks pictured and I’ve got a direction sorted for the build style…. at least for now.

Found some nice race face turbine LPs boxed but not quite new, a replacement for a broken XC pro brake lever and a pair of XC pro shifters. Decided on the Nitto/Ritchey seatpost and I’ll probably keep the turbo saddle. Quite a short fork steerer so no choice but to keep the CK grip nut! :) Also a nice salsa SP skewer.

Brand new Fillet brazed stem on its way. As usual this was going to be a parts bin build but is turning into something a little more boutique..

Frame forks and bars off for a respray soon.

Back