Dave Yates Diabolo - British steel Triple

Re: Dave Yates Diabolo

Si_33":n3knroil said:
Lee - have you got any plans for the colour?

Was thinking fades, but it would have to be a powdercoat finish as that's my budget so it's got to be a confident powder coated so then as it sits in the dining room the red grows on me and I was thinking .... what about a more vibrant fluro red/orange.

What do you think Simon, sometimes my mind is a boggle when it comes to choosing the right colour for a frame.

I'm probably not the best person to ask, Lee - I always lean towards a frames original colour... lack of imagination on my part! At the end of the day it is your frame, so your choice will be the right choice :) A vibrant fluorescent scheme would definitely be a nod to the early 90s!

Re:

Plenty of Dave's bikes are originally painted with two colour fades. My Diabolo is pearl white with metallic blue over and my 853 was pearl white with metallic purple over. There is a DONKIS in the for sale section (me? I've got my hands in my pockets) and that has a brown / yellow (mustard?) fade, so it would be very much in keeping with the Yates style.

I'd post pictures of my two, but photobucket is being a complete arse this evening.... just for a change.

Re: Re:

NeilM":3efhag9h said:
Plenty of Dave's bikes are originally painted with two colour fades. My Diabolo is pearl white with metallic blue over and my 853 was pearl white with metallic purple over. There is a DONKIS in the for sale section (me? I've got my hands in my pockets) and that has a brown / yellow (mustard?) fade, so it would be very much in keeping with the Yates style.

I'd post pictures of my two, but photobucket is being a complete arse this evening.... just for a change.

I'd say that one is more cola bottle brown and gold. Lovely looking bike though! Hadn't noticed it 'til I read your post.

There's a local fella I see sometimes commuting on his orange one. Well used by the looks of it. Just as bikes should look.

Mike

Re:

Finally got photbucket to cooperate.

My Diabolo.

DSC_0056.jpg

My 853... now living near Windsor.

DSCN0295_zpsdf2cd113.jpg

Re:

Have been inspired by a couple of the fades, the one at iconoclassic that turned up as a fly by really floated my boat and made me go for a yates in the collection.

EDC7DA4A-B40C-4A8E-B09E-CDB4444E9756.jpg

Re:

Yep, very much a drive by that day. Wifey says early am "let's try and get back for your Icons do." This in itself is great, but we were chatting in bed at our friends house in Brighton! Happily, the M25 was kind to us and my little legs carried me from Leamington to Warwick without delay. Let me know if you want some more shots of Dave's paint as zi'd be happy to help. Peace and love, H.

Re:

Small update

Free ritchey z-maz tyres and a rolls I bagged off a colleagues bike for swapsies :)

IMG_20161204_140900_zpsuxputupw_jpg_original.jpg

calorrado":lul24wqi said:
Looking to be a nice build, head tube is long, do you know what year it is?

Not sure on year but I'm guessing around 92 given the dropouts and 1" headtube, the extended headtube is also known as Freuler type after Swiss roadie rider but not normally put on mountain bikes.

Hit a bit of a stall this month due to spending money on other people :xmas-wink:

Back