Dave Lloyd 531

Re: Re:

Nice one. :cool: It is a stunning frame, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

NeilM":2q6i6wly said:
Also I'm fancying red and blue alloy bolts for the bottle cages, but I don't think red or blue anodised part were available in 1990, or were they? Someone (LGF) will know.

I've been pondering similarly about the Diabolo. I've kind of come to the conclusion that it (and your Dave Lloyd) are the kind of frames that, when brought new, you would have hung onto for a few years and updated along the way, so period correct builds aren't necessarily too important.

So if you decided to put some components on it that were a little younger- who's to say its wrong?

Re:

You are clearly a man after my own heart.

However, my 93 DOGS BOLX with SRAM 2 x 10 running gear seems to get serious frowns from the purists.

Red and blue alloy bolts it is then. :mrgreen:

Re:

I was a prior owner, but unfortunately I don't recall the seatpost size.
Good to see a restoration started.
Cheers!

Neil, I can't remember 100%, but I 'think' it had a 27.0 post....

Looking forward to seeing you work your magic

Re:

I'll try a 27.0 and see.

Warmer wet weather means less riding time and more garage time, so we should make progress soon, I need to get a suitable headset sorted out.

Re:

A quick update.

Wheels pinched from the Overbury's, as I found the set I originally intended to use on that. These are DX hubs with Mavic 230 rims that I built a very long time ago, stem is a T bone, headset a Stronglight A9, bars are Ritchey Force Lite, XT thumbies, matching front mech and cranks, with a 735 rear mech on it's way, as is a bottle cage and seat post.

Undecided on brakes, I'll have to paw through my parts and see what I have.

DSC_0052.JPG

Great job Neil! What did you use to clean up the frame? That’s come up wonderfully.

Back