Dave Lloyd 531

Cavalier":1lwnr6lt said:
We're moving in rarefied circles when Reynolds's 531 ATB tubeset is referred to as bottom-range. ;)

"531 All Terrain, so I think the bottom-range frame, but most of the details are similar to the 753 build on here (Giom6)."

Sorry :facepalm: perhaps I should have said 'least expensive frameset' or 'best value' :D

Although for Dave Lloyd it would be true about being at the bottom of the range for a top-end maker it just made me laugh especially when you consider all the BSOs that are knocking around posing as proper bikes. Do you think the fork might be Italian?
By the way congratulations on acquiring a really lovely bike :D :D :D :D :D

Its bottom of the range rubbish, won't be any good, probably do you an injury...

Look, I'm in a good mood so I'll help you cut your loses and pm you my best offer :D :D

xxnick1975":f96haayu said:
Its bottom of the range rubbish, won't be any good, probably do you an injury...

Look, I'm in a good mood so I'll help you cut your loses and pm you my best offer :D :D

I've always said you're a caring chap Nick - what a generous offer :-D

MatBH5":39gp6pux said:
Sorry :facepalm: perhaps I should have said 'least expensive frameset' or 'best value' :D

We should maybe just settle on the Dave Lloyd 'entry level' frame then :LOL:

RBG

Re:

Thread bump.

The frame and forks are, as I type, sitting in my garage. I have spent a couple of evenings cleaning and polishing, the dried solid sticky tape glue on the fork leg was a delight to remove, it's all gone now and the frame has a pleasant gleam to it. The paintwork is in amazingly good condition, which is more than can be said for the waterslide Dave Lloyd decals, but it all adds to the character, so they will stay as they are.

I have a bunch of 1990's parts put to one side that I was going to use for a 1990 Dawes New Wave memory lane build (my first new MTB was a New Wave). I will pull them out over the weekend and see what I need.

Can any of the previous owners tell me the seat post size? I measure it is 26.8, but I would have thought it more likely to be a 27.0.

Also I'm fancying red and blue alloy bolts for the bottle cages, but I don't think red or blue anodised part were available in 1990, or were they? Someone (LGF) will know.

Pictures soon.

Back