dangerous drivers

Re:

Hmmm, pretty much standard driver behaviour these days.

Which is not to say it is not ludicrously dangerous, inconsiderate and unccessary.

Yesterday I had a lady in her 60's try and squash me against the back of a Range Rover, because I had had the sheer audacity to overtake the stationary queue of traffic she was sitting in. She then insisted on overtaking me (crossing hatch lines) as I indicated right and filtered into a lane to turn right... she drove straight on. Dunno why, she just did....whatever.

This was mid afternoon along the sea front in Weston-s-Mare, not a city centre commute.

I agree!
Standard driver behaviour "these days"?
What has changed from days previous, is it something quantifiable?

fattiman":3cgrf9w3 said:
I agree!

Yes, so many people are in a rush, they are trying to win the race... even though there isn't one. Plus they seem to have a sense of entitlement.. 'get off MY road!', 'get out of MY way', 'I am in a hurry', etc.

Hardly anyone waits for you to pass any more if you are approaching a junction, instead they dive out in front, even if that means you have to brake to avoid hitting them, and I am talking as a driver here, not just a cyclist. How often do you see people using their indicators well in advance of a turn? Almost never.

Also, the clip above shows the level of anger found now, I mean, what kind of person shoves a woman off a bike? Never mind the perceived insult, who would do such a thing?

I saw written somewhere that society is changing from a we society to a me society ,the way people drive illustrates that.

Re:

This is exactly why I try to avoid cycling on the road as much as possible. Too many drivers that have no patience for cyclists and do everything in their power to risk their life. I had one woman recently who actually cut in front of me at a set of traffic lights forcing me to hit the kerb to avoid her then as she went through the lights she tried to brake check me (good thing I was on my modern bike with hydraulic brakes as that was close enough to scare me). Ironic thing is I tend to ride off of traffic lights faster than car drivers pull off so they tend to hold me up instead of vice versa.

Really need to get one of those cameras.

The one thing that really pees me off though is the arseholes that give the old ' but I pay road tax and you don't so cyclists shouldn't be allowed on the road' argument. I'm not even going into that...

fattiman":2ttmi9nd said:
I agree!

Yes, there are just a lot more cars on the road. You can't drive down a street without cars parked everywhere. People get annoyed having to constantly drive their cars, brake, change gear etc second guess where people are going.
So when a slow bike gets in the way or someone tries to cross the road or audacity for a car to want to join (now did they just skip a load of cars and not queue etc).
People get fed up and can't be arsed any more since nobody (well few really) bother why should I.....

The fact they don't build these new houses with spaces capable of parking the 3 or 4 cars that will end up there so they end up parking all over the new street and worse over the pavements blocking them too...

You get the drift.
BitD there was just more 'space' to drive on.

NeilM":22wej57q said:
I saw written somewhere that society is changing from a we society to a me society ,the way people drive illustrates that.

Agree. The number of times people just pull out at junctions etc and expect me to slow or stop for them. Either they all really are that bad at driving, or It's some kind of sense of self entitlement, "I'm more important than you", "I'm in a rush, get out of my way" , "me me me!!!".
I'm talking about driving a car here. On my road bike it's even worse. :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back