Dablk's 1994 Dawes Special Edition 110/250

dablk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Two wheels for me went..
1.Thing
2.Griffter
3. Red and Black Coventry Eagle (which was too heavy to be allowed across Forth Rail bridge..)

Then came what I always regarded as my first real MTB. The one I maintained myself, the one I would upgrade and mod. I would love to try and remember all the details. Safe to say it was early to mid 90's and was called a Dawes XC Expert. I don't have a single surviving photo of it, nor can I find one online. It was purple and had Suntour XC Expert gripshift sti variants. I once saw one for sale in Poland but it was far too small to warranty the agro of getting it. So I gave up ever finding another. I think it was a parts bin special in all honesty.

Anyway a few months back and the an outed listing showed up in the 97 eBay section for a 1994 Dawes Special Edition in 20". Not what I had but it was whacky enough and close enough for me to role the dice. One stormy journey to retrieve and she made it home. Already tidied by its former keeper so not much to do but I want her for tow paths with my little one and shop runs. So a few practical tweaks plus try and tidy her further.

Here'sEasy_Riders excellent thread on 10/250

Never had a 501 frame and wasn't expecting it to be any feather weight but was slightly surprise it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

Pics to follow

Attachments

• A2379EE2-27FC-43C4-A917-9A63F42C115B.jpeg
    A2379EE2-27FC-43C4-A917-9A63F42C115B.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 559
Re:

That's lovely Dablk! Looking forward to seeing some detailed shots of that paint, or watching it cartwheel down some rocks in front of me at Stainburn!

I’m not sure regarding the paint. You can see layers of paint in the scuffs and there isn’t any obvious ridges from stickers.

Got some smoke and dart re releases on their now.

Back