Angry pedestrian who scared cyclist riding

The apparent lack of remorse, her initial lying coupled with the judge's assessment that her various health issues did not have a material impact on her mental health seems have been factors in her sentancing IIRC. A lot of people live in a bubble of self entitlement and/or are prone to the red mist coming down.

There are elements of the case where I think there but for the grace of God go I. Once when the missus was seriously ill, I was cycling home from the hospital late one night in east London and this teenager on a bike makes to pull out from a side road right in front. I tell him to "stay the **** back" - and he does and then starts chasing me down the road, draws up level with me, giving me lots of chat - and without thinking I just grab his handle bars and steer us both to the other side of the road out of the fairly heavy traffic coming up behind us, tell him to stop it - and then ride off. He's so shocked, he doesn't pursue it. Looking back, that could have gone wrong in so many ways. Another mitigating factor was being attacked by a bunch of teens a year or two earlier, and having existed on weeks of sleepness nights but even so.

Back