Cyclist Vs motorist-this time its personal.....

The cyclist is correct within the letter of the law. But hardly wins points for avoiding escalation of the situation.

I suspect most of us when hearing some loon coming up too fast behind us would have simply pulled in a little to let the idiot pass. Defensive riding is often better than fighting for our rights in such situations.

That said there have been a few times in my younger days when I'd have loved to chased down some idiot and given them a piece of my mind. A friend of mine actually did so a long time ago. He was out with his mum - and had a car full of idiots drive past while shouting sexual comments (not realising that my long hair mate was a bloke). He eventually caught them up a mile away, and put the boot into their car door while they apparently sat terrified inside.

Militants on either side are unlikely to change their minds as a result of the video.

Perhaps it was wrong of me, but I did laugh when the guy took a dive.

the driver's cardio vascular system is now marginally healthier as a result of chasing the cyclist 20 yards across the pavement.

Re:

Both complete bell ends.

This is the exact reason there is such a division between car drivers and road cyclists

Driver obviously has an issue with bikes on the road, and is likely not the first time he has driven like that towards cyclists.

Cyclist acted like a plank chasing him down to provoke an argument, instantly falling back on his camera as protection when the going got heavy.

People need to wake up to the way they act, drivers and cyclists alike.
Do we need reminding only a couple of weeks ago how easily and quickly a situation can change?

the worst type of cyclist, shame the driver was a complete oaf and didn't catch him, his attitude would have been improved from a good beating

KDM":3e8yyb4h said:
I would respectfully disagree circus and agree with kenal.

The rider was taking up to much of a narrow road, the driver had little option other than to go close. At this point the rider ranted, said his piece and it should have finished there. Instead the rider went looking for the car driver and from this point everything that followed was avoidable, you can even hear the rider baiting the driver for his own entertainment and laughing at the car driver.

Both were responsible for the original incident, the rider was responsible for looking for the car and finding the car driver to carry it on when he could have let it be and then both were responsible for levels of stupidity grown men should know would make themselves look like spanners.

cyclist right to take up entire road, as not enough room for a safe pass. This is basic road riding safety. Taught in cycle proficiency, and recommended by police.

Cyclist did bait the driver, but kept his cool. Did not swear, did not shout, and did not threaten

Re:

But not only chased the driver some distance to carry the row on but conveniently had a camera to post on his you tube account where several of these type of videos exist.

He had a right to shout at the time of the incident, everything after that point was the rider escalating it. The driver drove off and instead of leaving to carry on with his so important original ride, he stayed again to continue it.

Sorry, to me he just seems another one of the professionally offended with a you tube account.

Re:

I wonder how we might be talking had the driver caught and beaten up or worse the cyclist? I can totally understand the red mist descending on the cyclist as he felt endangered, but once that danger was past he ought to have cooled off. He risked getting involved in something pretty serious.

On the other hand, had things gone tragically different, the cyclist might only have the camera to possibly testify what happened.

I just watched it

Cyclist is a prick of the highest degree. PLENTY of room for him to pass.

Ive had this happen to me all the time even had a car overtake me as I crossed a cross road junction which is pretty mad as all it needs is for a car to stick its nose out and hes a cropper but as to basic overtaking at a reasonably slow speed by the looks of it is not a problem. Didn't even look dangerous.

I get the impression this is your more militant critical mass type rider. Always looking for something to bitch about.

Re:

I'm on the drivers side,think if I was there I would have thumped the cyclist ! What a self important wanker.

Back