Crank choice?

Re:

That's my thinking. 1x or 2x is the next decision. I'm thinking 1x 10 as I don't have a 1x build, and I'll probably use it for riding with the kids so no need for lots of gears. Should I worry much about how many teeth I need up front?

Re: Re:

ishaw":ps5co2ye said:
Should I worry much about how many teeth I need up front?

Unless you like to eat an apple through a letterbox then I wouldn't worry too much :LOL:

Just think "middle chainring " numbers, that should do for starters. 32T is the "Default" setting.
There's so many variables... type of riding, hills or flat?, easy climbing and spin on the flats? Or grind the climbs and have speed on the flats?, wheel size? Cassette range ? Etc etc...

PS: re: white saddle... I tried one, it looked ace when fitted new, but thereafter looked a tired, worn, brownish colour almost instantly. White saddles may work on a road bike but they rarely stay looking white for long on a mtb (unless you're prepared to clean it after every ride).
That's not to say you shouldn't get one, but be aware some extra work is needed to keep it looking it's best.

Re:

I hear you re. White saddle. Just fancy doing something different to my other builds and happen to have some white parts from when I considered it before then bottled out.

Back