Hope Evo cranks on a retro frane

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
So, I have the cranks in red, I have an on the cusp GT lightning frame. Can I use the cranks on it?

I'm a noob to all this new fangled boost malarkey, the cranks are 30mm BB, and can run boost or normal spacing. Assume I'd need to run normal on the frame. Ring wise it's direct mount unless I get a spider, but what axle length should I need for the set up?

I'm going 1x and retro mod

Thsnks

With Hope, the offset is in the ring. Just get the standard 68/73 cranks and a standard ring.
Good info at the bottom of this page.

Cheers, though I've already got the cranks. I'll look at the info, maybe a standard axle might be a better option.

Red set of Evo, 30mm axle, 175mm arms. I think I misread your reply as mine are 68/73mm not 83. For some reason my brain went to 24mm Vs 30mm diameter.

All you need is a standard ring then and it’ll all fit fine. Did you get the direct fit tool with the cranks? You’ll need that and the tool for the 30mm bb if you don’t have one already.

Bloody cranks swap cost me a fortune in tools as I needed one of those plus a Dub tool to get out the one I had.

Thankfully came with the spider tool. I know what you mean though, had to buy a bb386 tool for the BB, and have e13 cranks which need a special tool, and I've got some cinch cranks which I'd not even considered.

I’m not convinced 30mm axles make any difference other than you can make them slightly lighter by using aluminium.

My ideal crank would be available in 155mm length. 24mm axle with the original size HT2 bb (no bloody adaptors) and use Sram’s 3 bolt direct mount pattern. But that’s just a fever dream.

Don’t normally get upset with changing standards but BB tools and chainring mounting patterns really boil my p!$$.

Back