Covid without the Covid and with the covid

Tests ain't worth a w**k. These things were created and distributed before the virus had ever been "isolated ".
Fact
The tests don't actually test for the virus itself, so that matters not.

They test for the presence of a particular protein or an antigen, depending on the type. Mrs Chopper is involved in this sort of thing and tells me the tests were developed fairly speedily because the protein and antigen were identified right sharpish.

Nevertheless, the tests are rough and ready and not to be relied upon greatly. They are best suited for giving a reasonable reassurance that the subject is clear - if you test clear then odds on you are, but if you test positive the reality is far less certain.

True positive
False positive
True negative
False negative

LTF
PCR

No test is perfect, either analytically or from defect or maladminstration. Chances do not combine.

It‘s standard stuff. There are results in each category.
What’s depressing is the lack of public information - the research data are out there. I haven’t collated them…too busy working on other national things.
The stories here are VERY interesting, particularly the range of symptoms and the dates of the infections.
My partner was pole-axed in Feb 20. Couldn’t ski for two weeks. I had mild symptoms for 2 days. Skied like an arse.

Latest posts

Back