Covid without the Covid and with the covid

thereā€™s no such thing as asymptomatic spread of a respiratory virus
Just for gits & shiggles, many people who have letters and such after their names say there is but there is also very little research.

Some well respected organisations say it can be very high, some low depending on the group

Many agree that it is also spread ithe most just before they develop symptoms themselves.

I got it as a present from the missus. She developed symptoms on the Friday, myself on the Monday. Saturday felt like I'd just had the first vaccine.

Asymptomatic spread of vira is a well known fact and it's not just limited to SARS-CoV-2. The various cold vira share the same traits - as soon as it begins to multiply within the body you're capable of spreading it, through nasal discharge and droplets, even breathing and talking. You particularly see it within child care institutions, schools and close office settings. It's true that the spread is significantly lower before symptoms, as when you start showing symptoms the amount of vira in the body is at an all time high. With SARS-CoV-2 I'd say the asymptomatic spread was even more noticeable, I caught it after an interaction with a family member about 3 days before they began to feel ill.

With SARS-CoV-2 I'd say the asymptomatic spread was even more noticeable, I caught it after an interaction with a family member about 3 days before they began to feel ill.

Same. I got it from a colleague before they were symptomatic. They were fine on Wednesday, then had symptoms and tested positive on Friday - and I was symptomatic on the Monday but didn't test positive until a few days afterwards.

Is there such a thing as the asymptomatic spread of a respiratory virus? It depends on how you define 'asymptomatic'. If you mean 'no symptoms detected by medical science', then there's unlikely to be any transmission detected by medical science either. If you mean 'no symptoms being felt or detected by the individual in question', then it's highly likely that medical science will sometimes detect respiratory transmission of viruses that the individual is unaware they have. Otherwise, the powers of medical science to detect viruses would be no better than the self-reporting of people who are feeling a bit rough. I think the first, narrower, fairly uncontroversial claim is being used to support the second, much more controversial claim. It looks like logical sleight of hand.

Edit: medical opinion attached from The Lancet and BMJ. Not much dispute.

Attachments

• BMJ - Asymptomatic Carriers.pdf
    268.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Lancet - Asymptomatic Carriers.pdf
    245 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Like I said before, it seems to affect everyone differently, a bit like most virus's I was laid at deaths door, my wife just felt slightly more tired than normal, as we are a large household, she put that down to me being unable to help with chores, it wasn't until I asked her to get a pcr test that we realised, all LFTs always show negative with her for some strange reason

Problem is that the testing in place from the very start was severely flawed.

Reading back through this thread its clear nobody has any faith in lateral flow tests.
Problem is though that Polymer chain reaction (PCR) testing procedure was never designed to be used in the way it has been since 2020.
The amazing scientist who won a Nobel prize for the creation of PCR tests openly says that they cannot be used to detect SarsCov2 as this will create unreliable

Everyone of us has been affected in one way or another by the last 2 and a half years. I missed saying goodbye to my dear nan who raised me,before she passed away, as I wasn't allowed into the building where she lived due to "restrictions ".
Many have lost partners, children or parents and I long for the day when I don't hear the word COVID anymore. I hate that word so much.......

Asymptomatic spread of vira is a well known fact and it's not just limited to SARS-CoV-2. The various cold vira share the same traits - as soon as it begins to multiply within the body you're capable of spreading it, through nasal discharge and droplets, even breathing and talking. You particularly see it within child care institutions, schools and close office settings. It's true that the spread is significantly lower before symptoms, as when you start showing symptoms the amount of vira in the body is at an all time high. With SARS-CoV-2 I'd say the asymptomatic spread was even more noticeable, I caught it after an interaction with a family member about 3 days before they began to feel ill.
It isnā€™t a well known fact. It isnā€™t a fact at all. Itā€™s nonsense

Back