Couple of Vikings

TimD

Retro Newbie
Hi

I picked up a couple of Vikings last week and was after some help identifying them. They've both been repainted by the previous owners so don't have much in the way of identification.

The first I think is an Ian Steel, frame no S8967. It still has the seat tube decal with the "Tour of Britain" "1st" and the 4 dates, 1951,1955, 1958, 1959 . Fancy lugs, single shifter mount, I think Cyclo-Benelux rear dropouts, with a derailleur hanger. I'm thinking 60 or 61 as a date?

Second I am told is a Hosteller, the guy I got it off had himself got it from a bloke who'd bought it new. Frame no is H9228, no original markings, but again fancy lugs and dropouts certainly say Cyclo, with a derailleur hanger. Not sure how much of the running gear is original, shifter is definitely not, nor is the derailleur, but it has Weinmann red dot brake levers and GB Sport Mk3 brakes. Again I'm thinking early 60's

Both have the oval metal badge.

I'm going to definitely restore one of them, just not sure which. If anyone has any info, itwill be gratefully received

Tim

Re:

The seat tube sticker with Tour of Britain and 1st went on lots of models not just their Tour of Britain

Tim

Some pics...

Attachments

• RIMG0033.JPG
    RIMG0033.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 469
  • RIMG0034.JPG
    RIMG0034.JPG
    236.1 KB · Views: 469
  • RIMG0038.JPG
    RIMG0038.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 469