Cougars in Captivity

Re: Cougars in Captivity - right zoo this time

Cheers bud, can't wait to get out on it, although its not very flat where I live so it could lead to buying a compact chainset.

Re:

I made the mistake of recently checking the chainrings on my KTM training bike. It is a triple (that's all their was when I bought it) and I have adjusted the front mech so only the outer and middle chainrings are used. All this time I thought it was 50/34.... nope, 50/39.

As I try to get 400 ish metres of climbing in every ride, I now understand why I have found cold rides a little 'challenging' this winter, so, well done on your 600m.

Similar story here...

Cougar no. 1 has a 9 speed triple with 30-40-50 up front. When I put it together in then late spring I'd whacked a 26 cassette on and thought nothing of it until I found myself reaching for the granny ring on familiar hills when normally, I'd be happy in the 40.

Broke a nipple on the rear a few weeks ago and when I had the wheel off to fix it, I had a quick check of the cassette... turns out the 26 was actually a 23.

Can't believe I couldn't see that when it was on the bike!

I'm going to Dartmoor and the South Hams on my Cougar in a fortnight, currently running 53/39 and 23-12 cassette. Race against the time to get a 28-13 cassette so I can have that extra range! Last time I went through Dartmoor nearly killed me on the same gearing!

Here's mine finished - full Chorus group, Mavic Krysium sl SSC wheels, 53/39 rings with 28-13 cassette:

Large cassette because i'm off to Dartmoor tomorrow!

Nice Martin, very nice.

That aero seat post will help you get up the hills too.

Back