Cougars in Captivity

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Hmmm... Not convinced that's a Cougar.

Haven't seen any Cougars that were anything other than race bikes.that one has rack and guard mounts.
Can't be sure, but fork crown doesn't look like it has the Cougar pantographs.
The decals look like the ones I got from Graham Weigh to redo my blue one (which is your size by the way)
Left and right cranks look mismatched too.
However, regardless of its provenance it would make a pretty good winter hack for that money

Re:

Hi
I have a Cougar from 1992 made by Terry Dolan with a frame number about 5500. This has the forks with the cougar head and it has both mudguard and rack mounts. It also has fittings for cantilever brakes. The frame measures just under 65cms and is constructed from Reynolds 531c tubing. a lovely ride.

Re:

Much to my annoyance it's been chucking it down all morning today. Rain normally doesn't stop me, but after a partial drowning yesterday it was more than I could cope with.

It's dry now though so I'm going out on the new Cougar until it's dark!

This of course assumes that I can get up the hills round here on a 39t front end... Been a long time since I rode a standard chainset.

Hopefully I can post some hilltop photos later!

Re: Re:

jackosbournesnr":5dn6ylzh said:
Hopefully I can post some hilltop photos later!
Putting it in the car and driving to the top of the hill does not count. This is not the mtb forum. :mrgreen:

Enjoy your ride.

Re: Cougars in Captivity - right zoo this time

Well finally got my parts to finish of my Cougar. Sacking off the USE Spinstix tough for the original ones that came with the wheels.

Re:

So... 40 miles with 600m of climbing.

My feet are still freezing but I had a great time doing a couple of loops over the biggest climb round my way... And I didn't have to get off and push.

IMAG0751_zpsp5rihsqu_edit_1486317478117_zps67xqpse2.jpg

On a warmer day the 39t would be absolutely fine but I'd be lying if I said today was easy. +2°C and 15% inclines are compact gearing territory when you're an old fart like me.

IMAG0749_zpsqpexf6ai.jpg

Highlight of the day though was handed to me about half a mile from home...

Car draws alonside and I hear something being said... I look round and see a private hire cab and as a daily cycle commuter automatically think "FFS...here we go".

I ask the driver "what did you say?" and the reply comes back...

"Thats a great looking bike, mate!" Thumbs up, big smile, and he doesn't then try to run me off the road!

Back