Coolest brake levers - opinions!?

Interesting...the right hand EGS-specific brake lever mounts directly onto their gear shifter:

View attachment 568002

So your pair of 'normal' levers, with a standard bar clamping RH lever, is very rare...the only ones that I've ever seen, pictures or in the flesh:

View attachment 568003

Doesn't help with them not fitting well with any other gear levers, though. :rolleyes:

All the best,
They came out 1999 as seen stamped on the photo. I asked the person I bought them from, for more info, apparently they’re in the 1999 catalogue….enjoyable to use but well…as I’m in 8 speed, thumbies can work on this. 9 speed xtr shifters otherwise. Testin`em out first :) image.jpg

Thoughts on the Suntour XC Pro champagne levers? High quality or not?

For me the brake lever I like and have a good performance are the Extralite Ultralevers. They are quite good: 32 gr and no flex, good performace even with disc brakes. I still use with BB7. I started to use long time ago with V brakes and they are quite nice.

The Kooka looks very nice but I don´t like how they perform. My hands are not big but they are unconfortable and not very powerfull.

Retro I like a lot the Odisey Paralevers yellow and black version:

1633423073453.jpeg

But the best design ... Shimano XT. They are perfect.

shimano-deore-xt-bl-m739-brake-levers.jpg

Last edited:
For me the brake lever I like and have a good performance are the Extralite Ultralevers. They are quite good: 32 gr and no flex, good performace even with disc brakes. I still use with BB7. I started to use long time ago with V brakes and they are quite nice.

The Kooka looks very nice but I don´t like how they perform. My hands are not big but they are unconfortable and not very powerfull.

Retro I like a lot the Odisey Paralevers yellow and black version:

View attachment 574861

But the best design ... Shimano XT. They are perfect.

shimano-deore-xt-bl-m739-brake-levers.jpg

Had plenty of bling levers over the years. Hard to beat trusty SS7s or XT II for comfortable reliability. Never actually got my hands on Kooka Ratchas but some meh reviews has put me off. Thats why I love proper unbiased product tests/reviews, saves us all money !

Back