Cool Wall - Trimble

Cool Wall - Trimble

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I can't really tell and am willing to be persuaded.

They're either:

1957-aston-martin-dbr2-recreated-by-rizk-auto-1.jpg

or:

116854192_df56bd2e63.jpg

Triangles are strong and the lack of one at the back looks fragile. Do they break? Is there a dynamic advantage to the construction? Super light?

jez-4-bikes-max":2uldtd7s said:
Despite an aire of bitterness before its even started...

:?

Moi? No bitterness here although I would be a touch resentful if everytime I rode and used my rear brake I was sawing through my seat tube.

Interesting to compare this to GT. One of the main reasons they got a lot of uncool votes was the 'being different' aspect...

In the early 1990s my friend Danny had a huge poster of a Trimble on the wall of his bedsit, you have to take your mind back to a time before carbon-fibre or full-suspension to appreciate how startling in appearance these bikes were back then! I've heard they are heavy, and that they don't ride particularly great, but on a visual and nostalgic basis - unquestionably COOL!

More pictures please!

In multi-coloured tiger stripe, incredibly cool. I always wanted the one Hemming rode in that MBUK article, though I'd fear it might snap if I tried some of the drop-offs he was pictures doing on it. I adore that Rasta coloured one, does that belong to someone here?

jez-4-bikes-max":1jdvk854 said:
Some details in the MBUK review with Hemming at the helm.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=13822

Just noticed in that mag they say frame weight 3.5. The later frame were. But that bike in the pictures was 5lb.13oz a bit naughty that.

I always replace the U brake with Magura's even the UK importers ad's had Magura fitted. Back then HS22? i fitted.

Brent wanted the frame to be more comfortable to ride. Not light. That came later and then the problems :roll:

Back