• Cool

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • OK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
gm1230126":mebru6ij said:
come on if your going to quote it get it right....it's gm1230126...a part number for a chevy pick up hood

the 5th result in a google search- chevy tahoe; the first four belong to kevin...I knew this back when I first searched the dude with all the GTs ;) :LOL:

IMO GT's are worthy of being cool.
The essence of being cool is not down to race pedigree, cost of bike, number of sales or pushing the boundries.
Its how it makes you feel. Weather by looks (for those that don't or have never owned) or by riding (again, weather you have owned or just ridden(and hated or loved)).
As this is a retro site I feel that (possibly controversially) anything post 2000 be ignored,so that it includes the STS etc.
There has been alot of comparison between Ford/Vauxhall with GT/Kona, but what about Specialized ? Are They Rover ?? :shock: :LOL: (Yes, I know this isn't about Specy, but is it about Kona ??)
I've owned numerous of all the above mentioned and can honestly say that have had as much fun on lower specked bikes (Outpost, Talera, Hahanna, Hardrock, Tequesta, Fire Mountain,etc) as higher specked ones (Cinder Cone, Avalanche, Stumpjumper, Explosif, Zaskar)
Of the two brands already mentiioned (GT & Kona) both have iconic signatures (triple triangle and Project two's) that most people (in to bikes) know about, but does this count ? IMO no, they cancel each other out. While the other developments of GT (RTS, LTS etc) have possibly pushed boundries and perspectives, that does not necessarily make them 'COOL'.
In my opinion, if you've looked at or ridden a GT, no matter what model (be it Outpost Trail or Lobo DH) and you've thought 'that looks/was COOL' then it probably is !!
And for what its worth, if this was based just on the Zaskar, IMO, then it would be 'Uncool' (admittedly I've only ridden 2, but both (a '97 and a '95 LE) left me wishing I was on a different bike !!

GoldenEraMTB":3hyatfu7 said:
gm1230126":3hyatfu7 said:
come on if your going to quote it get it right....it's gm1230126...a part number for a chevy pick up hood

the 5th result in a google search- chevy tahoe; the first four belong to kevin...I knew this back when I first searched the dude with all the GTs

;) :LOL:

Bought literally hundreds of containers of those 88-98 Chevy Pick-up hoods from the good island of Taiwan over a five year period. The deer tend to wrinkle a few of them in my part of the country.

gm1230126":q9tr6xw8 said:
GoldenEraMTB":q9tr6xw8 said:
gm1230126":q9tr6xw8 said:

the 5th result in a google search- chevy tahoe; the first four belong to kevin...I knew this back when I first searched the dude with all the GTs

;) :LOL:

Bought literally hundreds of containers of those 88-98 Chevy Pick-up hoods from the good island of Taiwan over a five year period. The deer tend to wrinkle a few of them in my part of the country.

ah, I remember that from my years in Iowa, rough winters plus deer overpopulation, equated to many wrinkled frontends.

gm1230126":2900e223 said:

.........A bonnet? Your name is a bonnet? Ha ha haaaa......uh wait I suppose mine could be to.......

Still it is funny.

For this cool wall and here on in I intend to calculate the outcome as follows.

Will take an arithemtic mean using the following calculation

Result = ((Number of Cool votes x 1)+(Number of OK votes x2)+(Number of Uncool votes x 3)) / Number of votes

The result will be rounded down to 0 decimal places, where
1=cool
2=ok
3=uncool

This is instead of taking the mode as per the previous cool wall contests.

So for the current cool wall the GT would be...

((54 x 1) + (35 x 2) + (27 x 3)) / 116 = 1.76 which rounds to 2

Therefore GT would be OK

If anyone sees a flaw in this or has a convincing arguement to calculate it another way please let me know ;)

Back