Concorde Squadra

I thought I had read that TSX was developed and fairly quickly superseded by SLX, but it could well be that I have it back to front, at my age....... :facepalm:

EDIT: Just nipped off to do some research, and you are all right, TSX was a further development of SLX, but was not produced for long.

Curse the addled brain of mine; I'll get me coat. :oops:

NeilM":16nbb3qd said:
TSX came before SLX.

no it didn't. tsx was a lighter version of slx and was seen as it's successor though the two tubesets were in production for many years afterwards.

:cool:

TSX ran alongside SLX for professional framesets.
Tsx had the conical spiralling along the whole tubes while SLX had it at the ends of the tubes. The difference was a slightly lighter SLX tubing with a stiff but comfortable frame while TSX, while stiff, due to the different profile of the spiralling inside the whole tube made for a more 'all day comfortable' frame.
The SLX was listed for one day and classic type raceing and the TSX was for stage raceing.
I'll try to dig up the blurb for it.
My Merckx is SLX and my Squadra was TSX, both lovely to ride.
I have now looked at the catalogue on site here and the Aquila looks the same if not even a bit classier, its in TSX from 1993 and finish looks for all purposes the same as a Squadra. Even has the number hanger.

Jamie

yup, the squadras that i remember were in the pdm colours and all in slx whereas the aquilas around the same time were inherently blue and white and in SL tubing.

both were beautifully made as i remember.

:cool:

Mine is definately TSX,
Its a 48cm Squadra, early with C Record (except in these forgive the temporary rear mech)
Here is about the best I have got, and cant really make out the decal.

Back