computer/ Hifi help

legrandefromage":3mwbjghl said:
The amplifier has no connections for wifi or USB, the digital inputs are the best way given what he has, bluetooth is just a bit of a faff
Went off your first info)(Azure?)

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":10dnir85 said:
Of course LGF changes all the info :)

Personally stick BT dongle into MP3 in, that gives you BT casting.

Your TV and Computer then need BT capability (mine do) and you can cast to them once they are connected.

without bluetooth on the PC or Bluray player, his dongle is landfill

The bluray player is only allowed to output a downmix audio via that digital out connection, nothing via USB and nothing via the LAN plug. There are copy protection rules

It may have analog stereo connections but I cant tell what the model is from that crappy picture!

Adding two or three bluetooth dongles and their required power supplies is pointless when a couple of digital coax/ HDMI or optical leads does a better job

Re:

I know but there is no mention of what he actually has, it's all guess work.

I assume by buying one, there is BT on the other things.
That BR player has the HDMI connection to the TV, so that TV does all the heavy lifting of getting audio where it is needed.

Now for the two people in the room...

heres the bluray, it looks like a later model so may only have HDMI and the digital ouput you see in the CRAPPY pic - it even says PCM/ DTS/ Dolby Digital output

file.php

this plug can go into the black plug marked 'digital' on the back of this amplifier

and whatever the PC has can go into the other analog connections

OR

If the tv has multiple HDMI inputs, they usually have an optical digital output - what ever is connected DIGITALLY to the TV (via the HDMI sockets) is then stuffed into the OPTICAL output - this can then be connected to the OPTICAL input onthe back of this amplificatorythingummybob!

Agggghhhhhhh!!

No wifi, no blutooth etc, just old fashion high quality hard wiring

81qiuKCx6cL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":30h83j96 said:
I know but there is no mention of what he actually has, it's all guess work.

I assume by buying one, there is BT on the other things.
That BR player has the HDMI connection to the TV, so that TV does all the heavy lifting of getting audio where it is needed.

it is not guesswork to those who can actually and with some confidence AND competence say '' I know what I'm doing!!!'

It used to be my job

Now go away! you are not helping!

Go! Go on! get out!! :mrgreen:

A bit like this wireless nonsense.
The companies rave about it but all i hear are people having problems getting a signal. Sisters house they've multiple routers spread about so everyone can get a signal.
Wireless mice and keyboards. Ever tried playing a fast moving online multiplayer with lots of other players ? just pathetic wireless, the signal doesnt work fast enough to keep up.

Me, im hardwired in. Direct connection from lines coming it to my computer. No faffing about, no lost signal, no stuttering.

Out Out! OUT! The lot of you!

Daddy is here and he will help Mr Tintin do this properly if Mr Tintin gets his finger out and replies to his thread.

And I am that ******* good that I can identify the Bluray player! Yeah! How do you like them onions!!

Its a Sony and only has a digital coax or HDMI output, the LAN is for incoming internet access for some discs, some have built in apps like Netflix too

Sony_BDPS1700BCEK_42403_5925_3401000172.jpg.jpg

Blimey so many comments. Your right about the amp and the blue ray player.sorry poor pictures. I don’t have a tv. Only a Philips screen with one HDMI socket. But I’m waiting for a 3 in to 1 HDMI lead. I have bag full of leads. I haven’t a clue if any are of use. Will try to take a better picture of the leads. If this helps? I’d rather use cables as I hate wireless . But if it gets this lot connected through my hi-if speakers then happy.thanks all

Ok, just connect the PC to the amp and the bluray via the method mentioned above

The PC should maybe possibly have a headphone socket - you can often set this to a fixed output via the PC's audio card software

It may even have an optical output, again, connect as above

BUT you will have to set things to PCM otherwise the amp wont be able to decode the multichannel audio from the Blue ray or PC

I can sell you an amplifier with 5 HDMI inputs (it has a HDMI output for your Monitor) for about £60 - but that is entirely up to you!

Now, Daddy is off to drink cider.

Back