Bontrager race help

Tedgey

GT Fan
Hey all,

Hoping some of the bonti guru's could help me out.
I'm finally making a propper start on my 1997(ish) bonti race and need a bit of help when it comes to the forks. It has the original judy xc on it which are knackered and had been opened up and loosely put back together when I got the bike, I'm looking at ordering some of the springs from SRP's ebay store but aren't 100% sure what the travel length of the fork was.
I'm assuming it was 63mm and that I should go for the blue springs according to my weight (12.5 stone).

If someone could confirm what the travel length of the fork was that would be great?

Also I'm assuming it would be worth ordering the damper service kit at the same time yes?
Lastly where would I get hold of the seal kit for them?
Thanks in advance 👍

Attachments

• 20230704_180834.jpg
    20230704_180834.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230704_181002.jpg
    20230704_181002.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230702_142331.jpg
    20230702_142331.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 13
SRP do most of the stuff needed for a judy on their website

drop @kokies a line. he runs SRP and if you have a lot of stuff to order , maybe you can save on postage going direct
Thanks for the reply bud,
I sent srp a message yesterday but haven't heard back as of yet.....the stuff is in my basket ready to go but yes I was hoping g I could combine postage, I couldn't see any seal kits on there shop page just the damper service kits and springs

Thanks for the reply bud,
I sent srp a message yesterday but haven't heard back as of yet.....the stuff is in my basket ready to go but yes I was hoping g I could combine postage, I couldn't see any seal kits on there shop page just the damper service kits and springs
I have seals but you should be able to find them locally for cheaper. Check amazon. You would be looking for the grey 28mm RS seals.

Latest posts

Back