Compact Chainset Advice

TheElectronKid":wyvi0h9c said:
At first, and I'm still open to this option, I was going to use a Campagnolo square taper compact chainset. The drawback being that they were only produced between about 2004 and 2006 in silver and limited to Veloce or Centaur groupsets.

I've got a couple of Record Carbon (and I think at least one Chorus) square taper crank sets. They popped up fairly regularly as people were upgrading to the current bottom bracket style. Now they don't show up used that often, but they are out there. For your restorations, I agree that silver is more appropriate, but that does limit you...

LML999":z1rz9hqq said:
TheElectronKid":z1rz9hqq said:
At first, and I'm still open to this option, I was going to use a Campagnolo square taper compact chainset. The drawback being that they were only produced between about 2004 and 2006 in silver and limited to Veloce or Centaur groupsets.

When I bought my girlfriends roadbike, it had Campag on it with 52/42 and I knew she would not get up any hills, so I looked around and found a BNIB Campag Centaur square taper compact but it was in black. I could not find silver at the time

Back