Comedy (Expensive) Pricing in My Nearest Bike Shop

Re:

Nust be one of those 'I saw you coming' bike shops .
Was it a feng shuied sfn possibly , made from the finest material and craftsmanship that Nairobi has to offer ?

Mike

I suppose it counts as local if you're part of Seattle's weird isolationist technology worker culture. But for anyone in the UK it's just that huge international corporation wot runs everyone else out of business, dodges tax, and only bothers to employ people because they've not found a suitable robotic replacement yet. They can take their "mechanical turk" and put it up their bums.

I must say I don't like the state of bike shops today. It's like they're trying to be car dealers, all neat rows of carbon whatevers on sale for £expensive, and a kid behind the counter who looks at you like you're from planet mars when you ask about getting wheels built.

Can we have a cluttered shop full of boxes of junk, please? I want a friendly grandad type bloke behind the counter who knows everything. I'll gladly pay a price premium over the internet if it keeps that guy around.

UPDATE! :p

After confirming I wasn't mad on the price checking again on the interweb, went back in today and kindly pointed out the RRP to which he checked and seems to think he priced it up wrong. I think he must have confused the basic model with the pricey cartridge one. Sold me the headset for £12.90 when the rrp is £12.99 (think he gave me 10p not 1p by mistake).

So, I gave him the chance for a sale and he took it, I'm nice enough to believe it was a mistake and he seems nice enough. Quite happy to pay a few quid more to have a LBS near my work so both are happy (I think).

Me again!

Just been out with the boss to Sainsburys (kill me now) and popped in to Evans on the way past. Sale on. Anyway went to the service counter and asked about stepped ferrules. The first two youngsters looked blank, asked what they were for and went and found the old guy at the back who went off to his cabinet and produced a multitude in various sizes. Nice chat about what they were for etc. I now have exactly the ones I need and a few spares, FREE OF CHARGE!!!!!!!

Faith restored in 'The Man'

Off to shed. Toodle pip!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=303241

Re:

If that were my shop and that happened, when you came back I would have handed you it gratis. Your future trade or good will would be reward enough.

Bats":2x8qacnx said:
for anyone in the UK it's just that huge international corporation wot runs everyone else out of business, dodges tax, and only bothers to employ people because they've not found a suitable robotic replacement yet.
Alternatively, for anyone in the UK it's a US start up that revolutionised ecommerce, increased competition and lowered prices, pays only the tax it's due as per any business working within the regulatory frameworks provided by governments, and employs 6000 in the UK alone on above NMW rates.

But yeah, Amazon booo.

Back