bike related comedy fails i've seen!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
hey guys, so over the last few years i've seen a fair few comedy things in my shop, without being mean i thought i'd show you a few! feel free to add any WTF observations you have seen out there! :)

first one is "i spilled concrete on my bike" :oops:
concrete.jpg

campagnogo! upside down backing plate!😆
campagnogo.jpg

this Apollo came in, the brakes weren't working very well, they'd obviously lost some of the parts, but no worries a hudraulic hose brake olive will do!
brake olive.jpg

my gears don't shift very well, do you know what the problem is?
straw wheel.jpg

when you can't find the best way to mount the bracket for your lock on the frame so the fork will do!
lock mount.jpg

here's some more! :)

"i thought i'd save you some time by assembling the guts of it myself" . . . FYI the BB was hanging out of the frame with the cranks fully tightened up! had to strip the whole thing and start again!
brake help.jpg

obvs these smelt so bad, when you remove them the smell seems to stay on your hands despite washing them!🤮
grips.jpg

this was on a 3 month old Ebike with a bosch motor, the customer thought the motor was bad, she'd destroyed the rear SLX 12speed hubas she only rode it in the top gearsand used the power of the motor to overcome that, the bearings blew up and destroyed the whole lot!
e bike hub.jpg

this brake literally just fell in to pieces when i adjusted the cable!
snapped brake.jpg

is this a new shimano design?!
jockeywheels.jpg

and there's more!:)

"it didn't feel tight so i tightened it more" the customer argued with me about replacing it, he did in the end but before i gave it back to him i cut it more as he was talking about putting it on his training bike!! i told him i had saved his life! it's a road handlebar by the way.
cracked bar.jpg

the worst crank grinder job ever!! chainrings dead, 8mm bolt rounded off and rusted solid, BB was rough, only way to get it off was the grinder!!
grinder.jpg

and last but not least!! salt corrosion! i see quite a lot of this! but never cracked a rim this bad, usually it's a smaller crack!
saltrim.jpg

@velofrog yeah i think the fork had some shaping in it to accommodate bigger tyres, he'd pushed the limit, realised they'd scuffed the fork then went narrower. i don't think there was damage other than to the paint. it was a while ago that one though!

How many hundreds do you see with the brake QR's in the up position, or the Wheels QR's tightened undone like butterfly nuts?

In the early days of Raleigh burner BMX we had lots of mysterious pretzeled front wheels come in, Bobby was just riding along and this happened... Yeah right, just riding along off a 6ft jump more like. Had one occasion the Dad came in with the bike and it was barely hanging together, this was not the first time he had been in, telling us how crap our products were and that he was going to report us to trading standards et al... All well and good until my boss showed his father how many times Hans 'Yes way' Littleshit, had bought the bike in for repairs without his father knowing...

there was a time my dad had a sintesi with some Bassano Grimeca 5 spoke wheels, very nice. he took them to be regreased and drilled out to be able to fit quick release, as the Grimeca wheels were bolt on. Halfords then made a mess of it and when he went up on a kerb the front wheel flew off! luckily he was going slow enough to have put his feet down. it was stolen later:(

Wherever the bike with the front derailleur upside down, can't remember the thread now but someone will
It was yesterday I saw it on here

Back