Colnago C40 Lampre Panaria Paris-Roubaix

jules_b":31z8ltja said:
Doubledee":31z8ltja said:
Bonus point for also having the correct amount of seatpost out for the era :)
Can anyone explain this comment?? Curious as I have a 1990s racer and would say I have the same amount of seatpost showing.

only a small comment, 1990's frames and earlier tended to be standard diamond shaped frames not like the sloping compact top tubes on todays bikes hence the seatpost didn't stick out as much with respect to the same length top top tube. I've seen a couple of retro bikes that are short for the rider on reach due to the perception that you need as much seatpost out as on todays bikes :)

Breso":293vb8f7 said:
Thanks guys!

Doubledee":293vb8f7 said:
Only minor niggle, maybe its me but Id get the seatpost stripped and re finish as just carbon weave.

:shock: Why's that? Too much going on in your opinion? I personally think that the seatpost complete the motif like it happens now on more recent carbon framesets!

I'm still wondering anyway why it has a limited edition (100th Paris Roubaix) sticker, as to me this frame looks the same as the first 1994 C40 edition (not the forks of course).

Hi Breso yes for me too much going on I like cleaner lines from frame to components, I love the colour scheme but its a matter of what you like which is why I like the older bikes they have so much character over todays, awesome bike still very jealous :)

Back