Colnago C40 Lampre Panaria Paris-Roubaix

Here's a couple of changes, I am sorry as there is not much retro left anymore :facepalm:
16059987807_2eb61c052e_b.jpg

16323480598_502ae29936_b.jpg

16325299137_390899ce69_b.jpg

16511218175_81cb081c51_b.jpg

Re:

great build, great spirit and use of a classic frame
I really like that you upgraded with mostly (ride) quality in mind

God they were gorgeous! and I know the ride still rivals good carbon frames today well done! Only minor niggle, maybe its me but Id get the seatpost stripped and re finish as just carbon weave. Bonus point for also having the correct amount of seatpost out for the era :)

Re:

That is my favourite Colnago colour scheme :cool:

Gotta get one some day

Mike

Re:

NeilM":3obh9r6l said:
That looks great.

I have a real hankering for a C40, seen a few on the bay... one day.

Me too,

That colour scheme has always been my favourite.

Mike

Thanks guys!

Doubledee":1gzdhuhz said:
Only minor niggle, maybe its me but Id get the seatpost stripped and re finish as just carbon weave.

:shock: Why's that? Too much going on in your opinion? I personally think that the seatpost complete the motif like it happens now on more recent carbon framesets!

I'm still wondering anyway why it has a limited edition (100th Paris Roubaix) sticker, as to me this frame looks the same as the first 1994 C40 edition (not the forks of course).

Re:

I would have gone the retro route and sought period parts myself! I also would have made a colossal mistake though as yours looks achingly beautiful and I definitely prefer it to a retro build. The parts really really work for me well done!

Incidentally I like your seatpost and agree with you keeping it Breso

Doubledee":3p2fdbpk said:
Bonus point for also having the correct amount of seatpost out for the era :)
Can anyone explain this comment?? Curious as I have a 1990s racer and would say I have the same amount of seatpost showing.

jules_b":2p03wws4 said:
Doubledee":2p03wws4 said:
Bonus point for also having the correct amount of seatpost out for the era :)
Can anyone explain this comment?? Curious as I have a 1990s racer and would say I have the same amount of seatpost showing.

Maybe because most people nowadays are used to downsize their frames (compact geo, big saddle-to-bars drop, shorter reach, etc) and when getting a classic frame they don't know what size to get?

Back