Colnago C40 mk2

1bhp

Retro Guru
This feels a touch modern for here, but anyway... I have been looking for a decent 90's CT1 or C40 for a while and seen a few lemons until this one popped up on the other side of town. I pedalled over to have a look and was blown away by the condition, plus the seller was a super nice guy too! Full DA7700. Apart from a slight scuff on the TT, it's so so clean. I finally got around to collecting it this wk... So far so good! Will hopefully get out for a proper spin on it once the weather clears up a bit.

c40.jpg

First thoughts, I will need a longer seat post - I don't feel there's quite enough in the frame to not feel slightly apprehensive. So will keep eyes peeled for a good 28mm old one or plump for a new WR Composti one from Italy. The steerer is already shimmed to 1 1/8, so either need to find more modern 26mm bars with flatter top sections (suggestions welcomed) or a similar Colnago stem but in 31.8 for more choice...

Despite already being only 7.9kg, the plan is to swap the DA group to Sram Red22 (i'm sure many will be appalled) but it's for pure usability and cross compatibility with others in the stable. Once fully transitioned it'll be off to Spain to live at the in-laws place so I don't have to lug a bike box alongside the pram car seat cases etc etc every time we go away...

Back