Clockwork info thread

tuubz":2plzxjtj said:
Can anyone show me what this decal was originally.
Looks similar to something i saw on a picture of the formula
in another thread.

jFfd6bt.jpg

Thinking back I seem to remember deciding it might read 'Demo' or such like. :?

brocklanders023":1yfnr3lk said:
sinnerman":1yfnr3lk said:
TWG-Dave Yates built- Clockwork, Prestige, Sneak peak.

Forget your other projects mate, get this up and running! Can't wait to hear the history of it as the hand built Clockworks have always been a bit of a myth to me, often mentioned but never seen. :cool:

I have touched on the subject many times across several threads in the past, sadly it will be an epic journey, and other long term projects must be finished first, and this as part of a bigger picture.

Well i tried to get a better pic of the decal today. Its difficult because it wraps around the stay. Heres the bottom of the decal.

EuGg18U.jpg

Also had a bit of time spare so manage to get the BB out , proved difficult but its out now and the shell isnt that bad. Threads will clean up ok.

qVDdQzm.jpg

3ErHhlz.jpg

Seatpost is still stuck fast. Everything ive tried so far has sheared pieces of post off so ive decided its time for chemical warfare. :x

Watching with interest! Nice frames, and I'm sure a great restoration in store for both. Somewhat connected to the early non-Infinity Taiwan Clockwork and Prestige I have in terms of evolution, hence 'signing up'. Cheers, Mat

DYNAMO would be a fit in there if you look at the bottom of the letters. Tried to contact an Orange old boy?

EDIT had a go at showing what I can see.
notice the sharp edges.

Attachments

• DYNAMO2.jpg
    DYNAMO2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 164
could the word "dynamo" have been destined for something else before the road bike concept, and following use of the name for there first foray into the road bike market.?

Certainly could have been, if they came up for it a few years later it would make sense that they thought about the name sooner. Might even have thought about calling the Prestige 'Dynamo' before saving it for the road bike?

I had forgotten about the name being used in the road bike, I was trying to make a word out of the letters I could see.
Might well make sence then as it's before the road bike that we know.

This is interesting , and something i had no idea about with me being new to all things orange. Cheers guys

Probably at the weekend, i will be carefully removing all the decals and placing them on a laminate ready for scanning prior to me attacking the seatpost with chemicals.

Back