Clockwork history wanted

Some close-up detail pics of my '92 in the link in a post above:
[url=http://www.retrobike.co.uk/f...w.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ght=#12776[/url]

This was the first batch of the new ones (after some delay - still have the Orange T-shirt included as compensation!)

- yes, they were quite different to the earlier ones. Mainly the rear triange, the earlier frames had much thicker seat stays and a different profile to the tubes - the mud clearance was hugely improved and the weight came down significantly. Also the derailleur routing was changed with the brazed on stamped loop for the front mech above the BB shell. IIRC there were also variances in the rear brake hanger braze on, drop outs etc. The forks also changed over the years. As for which groupset - a little earlier is never really a problem IMHO, most of us would have put older bits on a new frame as we upgraded.

Here's my beloved 92 Clockwork which I stupidly repainted in 97 (it needed it) I got the P7 decals from Orange & had top tube cable lugs attached. I wanted to get this one back to original condition but I figured it would be easier to look for another frame, see pic below.

prestige.JPG

b0e7_1.JPG

59f9_12.JPG
[/img]

Back