Clear Transfer Paper for decals

HullBorn

Retro Guru
Has anyone used this Clear Transfer Paper with an lazer printer to print and apply decals?

I've recreated the Shimano Deore logo that I'm looking to apply to a DX chainset.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-04 at 16.17.52.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-04 at 16.17.52.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 974
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
anyone longterm expirience with that new stuff ?

asking because BITD when I did scale modelling each decal had been water slide. After a while the clear parts of the decals tends to fade to a yellowish tone, cause of UV, I guess.

New stuff better ?

magas":93zg1utp said:
anyone longterm expirience with that new stuff ?

asking because BITD when I did scale modelling each decal had been water slide. After a while the clear parts of the decals tends to fade to a yellowish tone, cause of UV, I guess.

New stuff better ?

We need some Sun first ..... but given how cheap and easy it is to start over again I’m not stressing about it, but I’ll bear it in mind

haha, we got enough sun :LOL:

sure you can apply them over again, or give it a clear varnish from the airbrush. ;)

I did some in 2014. The ones on bikes don't spend a long time outside, so I stuck some of my test coupons on the
bonnet of my land rover and they have been in the sun for 4 years. They look fine.

I tried the expensive papers recomended on the model forums but found the cheap chinese paper was better.
I used Hubrol Decalfix or Microsol/set rather than water. I had a problem with decals not sticking, the decals
stuck really well when the products were used and they go flatter.

Re:

The process was simple and the results look rather good :D . Not sure on the durability.

Attachments

• IMG_20190409_200519.jpg
    IMG_20190409_200519.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 809
  • IMG_20190409_200536.jpg
    IMG_20190409_200536.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 809

Latest posts

Back