claude butler CBR rock shox fork upgrade

fattaffracingco

Dirt Disciple
hi all , i have an 05 claude butler cbr full suspension with rockshox which i wish to upgrade as i think i have a basic set of forks , im looking forks with lockout and a better preload adjuster
im also a fat fooker 110kg so i am looking for something i can increase preload on either with spring or air , thats my question really , i dont know much about rockshox can anybody give me a history lesson on wots wot models to look for and if any to avoid, im mechanically minded and have stripped and refreshed motorbike forks, so a strip down on a used set is within my scope hopefully .any advice guys wud be really helpful before i go searching the net , ebay etc ,
im also planning on changing rear shock in time also , so need advice on that also ,thanks chris

Re:

Depends on your budget really. I don't think you can go far wrong with reba forks. Available with various dampers, air etc. Servicing is easy and spares available and servicing available if you don't want to diy.

You should be able to pick up a decent used set for around £100, assuming disc only. Recons aren't bad either, but get gold, not silver as better stanchions.

Revelations are also great forks but longer travel.

Re:

budget i was thinking 100/150 ish , where wud be the best place for spares/ service parts ???? are these models u mentioned air or oil ???? ,thanks chris
also they are disc brakes via cable

legrandefromage":1yewafk4 said:
Claud.

And look out for Marzocchi Bombers, easier to service and repair and have a nicer fork action
hi , are these again air or oil or both etc , marzocchi motorbike forks were nice to work on , does this carry over to mtb ????

fattaffracingco":1rbi5rk1 said:
legrandefromage":1rbi5rk1 said:
Claud.

And look out for Marzocchi Bombers, easier to service and repair and have a nicer fork action
hi , are these again air or oil or both etc , marzocchi motorbike forks were nice to work on , does this carry over to mtb ????

Air and oil and nice to work on

and also the axles are different sizes ???? for most of the models, do they cater for all sizes??? i have the old style quick release axle(not sure wot they called )not the hollow 20mm

Back