Claud Butler Oracle, original survivor. Now safe & sound

Very nice mate, and a worthy addition.
You should have just got it back on page one, we all knew you would get it eventually :)

Jamie

oaklec":13fex5h0 said:
Now what? In a glass frame above the fireplace?
Nah… It’s mint, but not a gem… It’s spent its life in storage, now my kids are going to ride it! (respectfully mind)
Retro Spud":13fex5h0 said:
It’s a time capsule - admittedly a low end one but are they not as interesting as higher ones
It certainly is a time capsule, the seat alone is stunning although some of the glue on the under side needs refreshing, well within my skill level.
Graham_hkr":13fex5h0 said:
Must admit I like it a lot, I'm not fussed whether it's high-end, middle-end or low-end tbh, it looks nice!
Ta!
MR OX":13fex5h0 said:
That's super minty! :cool: I like that it's a lower range model, mind you I go to the festival of the unexceptional & would rather have some quality autoshite than a Ferrari.
Well I will be bringing it to MM just for a laugh…. Spud can have a go and compare it with my Antaeus…
Jamiedyer":13fex5h0 said:
You should have just got it back on page one, we all knew you would get it eventually :)

Jamie
Not sure what route it took but I bought it from a chap up here (well a bit further North in Durham)

PeachyPM":3v04ioth said:
Not sure what route it took but I bought it from a chap up here (well a bit further North in Durham)[/quote]

Is it the same one? Maybe I missed that post :)

Jamie

PeachyPM":18n738yq said:
oaklec":18n738yq said:
Now what? In a glass frame above the fireplace?
Nah… It’s mint, but not a gem… It’s spent its life in storage, now my kids are going to ride it! (respectfully mind)
Retro Spud":18n738yq said:
It’s a time capsule - admittedly a low end one but are they not as interesting as higher ones
It certainly is a time capsule, the seat alone is stunning although some of the glue on the under side needs refreshing, well within my skill level.
Graham_hkr":18n738yq said:
Must admit I like it a lot, I'm not fussed whether it's high-end, middle-end or low-end tbh, it looks nice!
Ta!
MR OX":18n738yq said:
That's super minty! :cool: I like that it's a lower range model, mind you I go to the festival of the unexceptional & would rather have some quality autoshite than a Ferrari.
Well I will be bringing it to MM just for a laugh…. Spud can have a go and compare it with my Antaeus…
Jamiedyer":18n738yq said:

Jamie
Not sure what route it took but I bought it from a chap up here (well a bit further North in Durham)

How the hell did it get from Trowbridge ! That was one hell of a stroke of luck

Jamiedyer":9ujqd2bd said:
Is it the same one? Maybe I missed that post :)
Jamie
It’s exactly the same one, the original seller wouldn’t post it, which is why I didn’t bother with it… ;)

Retro Spud":9ujqd2bd said:
How the hell did it get from Trowbridge ! That was one hell of a stroke of luck
No idea, but it’s my wife now Dave……. :cool:

Re: Re:

oaklec":2unypkfr said:
Yeah, I quite often pitch up at a local classic car show and marvel and the .................. Ford cortina mk5's

The post above wasn't meant sarcastically, I really do. It's always the higher spec things that get cherished and preserved but I really enjoy seeing timewarp ordinary things

oaklec":1rlt8916 said:
oaklec":1rlt8916 said:
Yeah, I quite often pitch up at a local classic car show and marvel and the .................. Ford cortina mk5's

The post above wasn't meant sarcastically, I really do. It's always the higher spec things that get cherished and preserved but I really enjoy seeing timewarp ordinary things

Totally agree..... :cool:

I agree, love the mint examples, even from the lower end of specs. Trouble is they tend to be cheaper, so I end up with a garage full of them

PeachyPM":333haiwc said:
oaklec":333haiwc said:
oaklec":333haiwc said:

Totally agree..... :cool:

Despite being produced in far greater numbers cheaper models tend to get used and a abused more and then discarded which in turn over a period of time makes decent examples rarer than the expensive models which tend to be stored better and bought by people less prone to properly use em

I’ll be there’s more XR fiestas than L or popular models kicking around these days

Back