Claud Butler Oracle, original survivor. Now safe & sound

Re: Re:

PeachyPM":2xdd5kkv said:
jimmy-s3":2xdd5kkv said:
Lovely this!

Yes, it is. I do find it frustrating that some people find it beyond their ability to stick a bike in a cardboard box and take it to the local post office and send it via ParcelForce (or get a family/friend to do it for them)... it really isn’t that difficult and a lot cheaper than asking buyers to organise a coureur.

Sometimes it’s not ability it could be lots of reasons.

1. Trouble getting a box suitable and no time to go LBS
2. No transport to take it to post office
3. Doesn’t want hassle from whoever buys it trying to return it under eBay rules if they think it’s not perfect etc
4 . Lack of time in day to day life to be bothered for a small amount of cash to make the effort
5. Doesn’t want risk of it being lost or broken and be liable.
6. Doesn’t want to lose another 3.4% to PayPal of not cash on collection
7. Etc etc

Unless it won’t sell as collection only I never sell a full bike unless it’s collected. Too much hassle for me. Bike parts and frames all posted. If the item is over £500 I won’t post as too many scammers and likely damage in transit.

Re: Re:

d8mok":4318id21 said:
PeachyPM":4318id21 said:
jimmy-s3":4318id21 said:
Lovely this!

Yes, it is. I do find it frustrating that some people find it beyond their ability to stick a bike in a cardboard box and take it to the local post office and send it via ParcelForce (or get a family/friend to do it for them)... it really isn’t that difficult and a lot cheaper than asking buyers to organise a coureur.

Sometimes it’s not ability it could be lots of reasons.

1. Trouble getting a box suitable and no time to go LBS
2. No transport to take it to post office
3. Doesn’t want hassle from whoever buys it trying to return it under eBay rules if they think it’s not perfect etc
4 . Lack of time in day to day life to be bothered for a small amount of cash to make the effort
5. Doesn’t want risk of it being lost or broken and be liable.
6. Doesn’t want to lose another 3.4% to PayPal of not cash on collection
7. Etc etc

Unless it won’t sell as collection only I never sell a full bike unless it’s collected. Too much hassle for me. Bike parts and frames all posted. If the item is over £500 I won’t post as too many scammers and likely damage in transit.

Yeah, you've got some good points there... I was just being greedy :?

Re: Claud Butler Oracle, near mint all original survivor. SOLD

legrandefromage":2tqw4wl5 said:

it was all change by 1994

I've got the exact same model, Just a bit scuffed up, with all the same kit. all date stamped 1994. I guess mine could have been made '92 or '93?

Whish I could find full scans of the cataloges from 1992, 93 & 94 :(

:facepalm:
legrandefromage":1hpkh8cn said:
1993 and thats my final offer.
:roll:

well theres no need to get grumpy about it, for the 1994 model year it all went compact chainsets and Altus/ Alivio and all that, waiving goodbye to 200GS

<stomps off>

legrandefromage":3g6mvhj7 said:
well theres no need to get grumpy about it, for the 1994 model year it all went compact chainsets and Altus/ Alivio and all that, waiving goodbye to 200GS

<stomps off>

I’m not a grump.... :p and anyway I made a mistake, it’s my ‘93 Shaman that is in that blue and my (possibly ‘93 or ‘94) Oracle is purple. :facepalm:
Ergo this blue Oracle is, as you said, most likely from ‘92.....

Do you get the feeling no one else is really all that bothered? :| :facepalm:

Bugger. I can’t leave one behind to fend for its self..,.

Latest posts

Back