classic car buffs!

al":1429sfke said:
Si, that sounds like a plan! :D

the engine is running a new oil cooler, full flow oil system and an externaly mounted electric fan.

I assumed the problem was the fuel evaporating in the carb chambers as the bodies were getting realy hot,due in part to short manifolds and the fact that i was missing the phenolic spacers!
I now have the spacers on and the fan ducting directly on to the manifold/ carb bodies.

Old cars! :roll: Between me and the missus we have 5 old snotters and i am using a borrowed one from a friend at the moment!!

Al, :D

Is the full flow system wise on a road car? Do you have an oil temp reading? For a road car you really could do with a thermostat- you risk the oil not getting to its optimum temperature.

Si

Hi,

The full flow system was recomended by Matt Keene when he built my engine.

I am waiting for the temp gauge to be installed at the moment.

Can i just send you my car by post so you can sort it for me? ;)
Cos it's driving me up the wall!! :(

Update, a pair of dell 40's with type 3 manifolds along with an electric fuel pump and a heavy duty battery as the one i was running was another contributory factor in my problems.

Thanks to all, for their help,cheers!

Al. :D

ps Broke down three times on the way back from Cornwall jamboree on Sunday!! :roll:

The lows and lows of classic car ownership. ;)

:( Bugger
I thought i'd be seeing lots and lots of lovely old classic cars.
Too much talk :? Not enough piccies :D

al":3lrolltj said:
Old cars! :roll: Between me and the missus we have 5 old snotters and i am using a borrowed one from a friend at the moment!!

Cool :cool: , modern cars are dull and ugly.

dyna-ti":3f4ycpk1 said:
:( Bugger
I thought i'd be seeing lots and lots of lovely old classic cars.
Too much talk :? Not enough piccies :D

Here's my 78 3.0S ;)

urbancapri003.jpg

Niiiice! and a top colour.

I am still struggling to post pics i'm affraid. :roll: don't anyone explain how to, i'm a simpleton.

Al. :D

my notch with a bit of luck.

PICT0021.jpg

why does this happen to me?

Al, :(

al":1v53o5ut said:
my notch with a bit of luck.

PICT0021.jpg

why does this happen to me?

Al, :(

Think that may be the wrong link :? , i'm no expert but my photobucket link has caps in the
without that big bunch of numbers

Back