Cilo Ladies MTB

Awesome paint on that! I’m biased as my first MTB was a 1989 tri-fluro MBK! 😍

I suggest you ride and enjoy it! 😎

If that ended up in East London it would get a its gears robbed, then a short stem, narrow riser bars and a front rack/basket contraption added...

Visually i’d ditch the Saddle a get something more period correct. It would look and ride awesome with a short stem and some motorcross style risers people are fitting to cruisers and old MTB’s because our backs are packing up. @Imlach would be able to advise!

Don’t touch the paint. That IS late 80s heaven to me! With Mountain LX groupset that bike is from 1989 as they only produced/sold it for one year before rapidfire landed and Deore LX replaced it.

Awesome paint on that! I’m biased as my first MTB was a 1989 tri-fluro MBK! 😍

I suggest you ride and enjoy it! 😎

If that ended up in East London it would get a its gears robbed, then a short stem, narrow riser bars and a front rack/basket contraption added...

Visually i’d ditch the Saddle a get something more period correct. It would look and ride awesome with a short stem and some motorcross style risers people are fitting to cruisers and old MTB’s because our backs are packing up. @Imlach would be able to advise!

Don’t touch the paint. That IS late 80s heaven to me! With Mountain LX groupset that bike is from 1989 as they only produced/sold it for one year before rapidfire landed and Deore LX replaced it.
Indeed a BMX quill stem and either A) some mx bars as you mention or B) some slightly backswept cruiser bars. Akin to what I run on my 1x1

20230409_194113.jpg

Just a super basic clean quill like this

BMX.quill.FSstem__42027.1440616168.1280.1280_693x719.jpg

Or an adapter to run an ahead bmx stem. Either cruiser bars similar to what I've got one the 1x1 or some bog standard crmo mx

Back