Chelsea...how peculiar

1210tech":dvmxr2ke said:
Yep, pathetic just like Fergies ranting when he doesn't get his own way, ah, diddums :D

We hate Man U and we hate Man U,
We are the Man U haters!!! :LOL:

:facepalm: Exactly why I've given up on football :facepalm:

Moronic

Robbied196":2z4ibzia said:
1210tech":2z4ibzia said:
Yep, pathetic just like Fergies ranting when he doesn't get his own way, ah, diddums :D

:facepalm: Exactly why I've given up on football :facepalm:

Moronic

and the world of cycling is in a better state isn't it......... :LOL: :twisted:

It's a shame that the referees aren't Mic'd up like they are in rugby. At least that way, players and fans alike would have known what was said as it would have been broadcast on TV.

But then again, there's a very good reason why the referees in wendyball aren't mic'd up, and that's because they'd have to move EVERY SINGLE MATCH SHOWN ON TV past the 9pm watershed, thanks to the complete lack of respect shown by the lawn fairies to the officials, and the torrent of abuse that the referees have to face from them every time they step on to the pitch.

I think Nigel Owens (rugby referee in case you haven't heard of him) summed it up perfectly when he had to address a couple of rugby players for swearing at him on the pitch:

"I don't know if we've met before, but I'm the referee on this field, not you. You do your job, and I'll do mine..... This is not soccer"...

Their response?

"Sorry sir"...

And that's how it should be.

1210tech":2zzdm3jw said:

Grow Up.. :facepalm: and this is coming from a life-long Scouse

As for mic'ing up refs and the commenst re' language of the players, I would say that the crowd is also a factor, given that the average player and the average fan are pretty much on par with each other, intelectually and socially..... as the above demonstrates

YES, its traditionally a working class sport and tempers run high, but that doesnt excuse behaviour that we see from fans, players and team staff that we see these days

G

konatime":1l9314fi said:
This is not soccer"...

Is Owens American?

No he's Welsh, but the players weren't british so if he'd said "football" they might have thought of the American variety.

I think the lack of respect shown to the referees by "soccer" players is known about pretty much Worldwide.

unkleGsif":cvujz61z said:
Grow Up.. :facepalm: and this is coming from a life-long Scouse

As for mic'ing up refs and the commenst re' language of the players, I would say that the crowd is also a factor, given that the average player and the average fan are pretty much on par with each other, intelectually and socially..... as the above demonstrates

YES, its traditionally a working class sport and tempers run high, but that doesnt excuse behaviour that we see from fans, players and team staff that we see these days

G

so, when are you sacking the ego-maniac that is Brendan Rodgers? I think Liverpool are finally waking up to the fact that Rodgers didn't create what you see at Swansea, he inherited it, but has managed to cash in off the back of being involved with Swansea until last night.

oh, and if you don't recognise a bit of bating when you see it then who's the more intellectual?

Swansea oh Swansea oh city said I,
Standing on the North Bank 'til the day I die,
Take me to the Vetch field way down by the sea,
were I will follow Swansea, Swansea City ;)

unkleGsif":3dtuacuc said:

G

+1 to that.

Tempers run high at rugby matches too, yet fans from both sides can (and do) more than happily sit together before, during and after the match.

Back