Cheapest way to send bike box

setspeed

Retro Guru
What's the cheapest way to send a frameset, within UK, in a box measuring 120x80x23cm, weight about 9kg? I've checked out Parcelforce but that costs £38.40, which I think is way too much.

If it's just a frameset, you should be able to make it fit into a smaller box than that. If you tweak the length and height dims on the quote tool, you'll see at what point the price jumps up.
Last frameset I sent earlier this year with Parcelforce was £9.95.
Remove forks to make it less long.

Cheaper isn't always better.

If the frame has any value then a service with suitable cover is more important. If however the frame has no value then you don;t even need a box, wrapping in bubble wrap and bags will be fine.

Cheapest is probably Hermes/Evri but their service isn't great. Maybe ask the recipient what they'd prefer. Somone once sent me a frame wrapped in a fitted sheet and gaffer tape. I wasn't impressed.

If it's just a frameset, you should be able to make it fit into a smaller box than that. If you tweak the length and height dims on the quote tool, you'll see at what point the price jumps up.
Last frameset I sent earlier this year with Parcelforce was £9.95.
Remove forks to make it less long.
If I remove the forks then I can cut the box down to 102x23x57cm and the price under £12 including collection 👍🏽

97 x 21 x 67 will fit most of the 26" mtb frames I've disposed of in the last 3 years. I just cut down bigger boxes blue peter styleeee.

Forks i bubble and tape to the frame.

They can then go with parcel force....even insured its only £12 ish.

Ive also found it fat cheaper and probably safer to send whole bikes in 2 boxes. Frame forks and some bits....then wheels and some bits. Less likely to get bashed in tje box, smaller lighter boxes so easier to handle, more carrier options so cheaper.

Parcelfarce shoudlnt be more than 15 quid. An alternative is Paisley freight, a bit spendy but theyve always been reliable for me

Back