Chat GPT

Mod-Master

Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Just had a chat about SBikes, certainly a lot more useful than Google and gives a lot more info and detail.

Anyone else have conversations about bikes with the chat bot?

I am getting too old and not understanding what all the fuss is about? Is this a kind of Google/Alexa/Siri on steroids that appears human?
Did no-one ever watch Wargames or Terminator BITD???? It is only a matter of time until we're taken over by our own creations...

I am getting too old and not understanding what all the fuss is about? Is this a kind of Google/Alexa/Siri on steroids that appears human?
Did no-one ever watch Wargames or Terminator BITD???? It is only a matter of time until we're taken over by our own creations...
There is a bit of fuss, it’s basically Google but in a bot type format, a lot more useful when searching for info or ideas.

And yes I’ve seen terminator 2

Just wanted to see if anyone else used it to find info.

Though it did lie to me sometimes🤔 and giving me false links to bike rumour…

And you think you can stop it by simply ignoring it? Its always been the same way! Its the future ...get used to it! Or go down. Try to use it for good and benefit! Go with it or go under ...like it always has been with future and progress. Of course it comes with huuuge dangers.

Just today I watched a popular german talk show where someone had Open AI create the voice of chancellor Schulz saying he gives up all his power and hands the state affairs over to Putin. It was SCARY (!!!) real. 1000% accurate voice.

But yeah, just about 2 minutes ago I searched for typical ghanaian music and playlists to play at a wedding party. it was awesome.

I just asked ChatGPT to produce chapter suggestions and synopses for a book I’m not going to write.

I have asked it to do various other things.

The results can be coherent and impressive - until it starts making stuff up! - (complete with dates and events that didn’t happen).

A book suggestion

1. Introduction: Rediscovering the Classic Bicycles of the 1980sIn this chapter, we provide an overview of the book and dive into the world of 1980s bicycles. We explore the reasons why these vintage bikes hold a special place in the hearts of cycling enthusiasts, highlighting their unique features, design, and significance in the cycling industry.
  2. The Golden Era: Exploring the Popular Bicycle Models of the 1980sHere, we take a closer look at the iconic bicycle models that defined the 1980s. From renowned brands to innovative designs, we explore the characteristics and key specifications of these beloved bikes, showcasing the variety and diversity of choices available during that era.
  3. Essential Tools: Building Your 1980s Bicycle Maintenance ToolkitA comprehensive guide to the tools required for maintaining and repairing 1980s bicycles. We cover the essential tools needed for tasks such as cleaning, lubrication, adjustments, and repairs. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced DIY cyclist, this chapter will ensure you have the right tools for the job.
  4. Getting Started: Preparing Your Bicycle for MaintenanceBefore diving into the maintenance tasks, it's crucial to prepare your bicycle properly. This chapter provides step-by-step instructions on how to inspect your bike, assess its condition, and create a maintenance plan. We also cover safety precautions and best practices to ensure a smooth and successful maintenance process.
  5. Cleaning and Lubrication: Reviving the Shine of Your 1980s BicycleDust, grime, and rust are common enemies of vintage bicycles. In this chapter, we discuss various cleaning techniques and products to restore your 1980s bike to its former glory. We also delve into the importance of lubrication and guide you on selecting the appropriate lubricants for different components.
  6. Brakes and Levers: Adjustments and ReplacementsProperly functioning brakes are vital for safety and control. Here, we provide detailed instructions on brake adjustment, pad replacement, and lever maintenance specific to 1980s bicycles. We also address common issues and troubleshooting tips to ensure your brakes perform optimally.
  7. Shifting Gears: Maintaining the Drivetrain of Your Vintage BicycleEfficient gear shifting enhances the riding experience. This chapter focuses on maintaining and troubleshooting the gear system of 1980s bicycles. We cover derailleur adjustment, chain inspection, cassette replacement, and other drivetrain-related tasks to keep your gears shifting smoothly.
  8. Wheel Wisdom: Truing, Spoke Replacement, and Tire MaintenanceWheels are a critical component of any bicycle. Here, we delve into the intricacies of wheel maintenance specific to 1980s bicycles. We guide you through the process of truing wheels, replacing spokes, and properly maintaining tires to ensure safe and efficient riding.
  9. Pedals and Bottom Brackets: Ensuring a Smooth RideSmooth pedaling and a solid connection to the bike are essential for comfortable rides. In this chapter, we cover pedal maintenance, bottom bracket inspection, and replacement techniques. We discuss the various types of pedals and bottom brackets found on 1980s bicycles and offer tips for optimal performance.
  10. Headsets and Handlebars: Keeping Your Bicycle in Perfect AlignmentMaintaining proper alignment of the headset and handlebars is crucial for stability and control. This chapter provides guidance on headset adjustment, handlebar positioning, and stem maintenance. We also address common issues and offer solutions to keep your 1980s bike properly aligned.
  11. Saddle Comfort: Choosing and Adjusting the Right Seat for Your RideA comfortable saddle is essential for long rides. Here, we discuss the factors to consider when selecting a saddle for your 1980s bicycle. We cover saddle adjustment, height
  12. Safety First: Lights, Reflectors, and Accessories for Night RidingNight riding requires proper visibility and safety precautions. In this chapter, we discuss the importance of lights, reflectors, and other accessories for riding your 1980s bicycle after dark. We provide guidance on selecting the right lighting equipment and offer tips for staying visible and safe on the roads.
  13. Troubleshooting: Diagnosing and Fixing Common Issues with 1980s BicyclesNo bike is exempt from occasional problems. This chapter focuses on troubleshooting common issues that may arise with 1980s bicycles. We cover problems such as creaking frames, squeaky components, loose bolts, and more. With step-by-step instructions and troubleshooting tips, you'll learn how to identify and fix these issues effectively.
  14. Restorations and Upgrades: Enhancing the Performance and AestheticsFor enthusiasts looking to restore or upgrade their 1980s bicycles, this chapter provides valuable insights. We discuss different restoration approaches, from preserving the bike's originality to customizing it with modern components. We also offer tips on repainting, decal replacement, and upgrading parts to enhance both performance and aesthetics.
  15. Preserving the Legacy: Caring for Your 1980s Bicycle for Future GenerationsVintage bicycles hold historical and sentimental value. In this chapter, we delve into the importance of preserving the legacy of your 1980s bicycle for future generations. We discuss proper storage techniques, preventive maintenance practices, and the significance of documentation. Learn how to pass on your beloved bike's story to the next generation.
  16. Riding Nostalgia: Stories and Experiences from 1980s Bicycle EnthusiastsThe 1980s bicycle era has a strong community of enthusiasts who cherish the memories and experiences associated with these bikes. This chapter shares stories, anecdotes, and experiences from passionate riders and collectors. Explore the nostalgia and camaraderie of fellow 1980s bicycle enthusiasts as they reminisce about the golden age of cycling.
  17. Conclusion: Embracing the Timeless Charm of 1980s Bicycle MaintenanceIn the final chapter, we reflect on the journey of exploring and maintaining 1980s bicycles. We revisit the unique characteristics, challenges, and joys of working on these vintage bikes. We conclude with a reminder to embrace the timeless charm and enduring spirit of 1980s bicycle maintenance, as these classic rides continue to inspire and captivate cyclists around the world.

Still not thinking of writing a book, but some useful suggestions in there if I was.

It's absolutely clueless!

I recently asked it "Think up a new name for a manufacturer of lightweight bicycle components."

If you have some time or you're bored or whatever, have a read through the following chat I had with it last week:
😂🤦‍♂️

Just had a chat about SBikes, certainly a lot more useful than Google and gives a lot more info and detail.

Anyone else have conversations about bikes with the chat bot?

I often talk to my bicycle when out riding. Had a right old shock the other day ,after years of no response,
Whilst going up a steep hill and cursing it said " if you get your fat ass off my saddle we might just both get up this hill "

Latest posts

Back