Chas Roberts frame numbers

Re:

Thanks!

And for a lower figure than the list of DNFs at the 1980 Liege-Bastogne-Liege too!

Mike

Re:

Hahahahaha!

Looking for an ITM 400 stem for it, if anyone can help. Black, around 120-130mm

Mike

Re:

In that case. I'd like to shake his hand! Were he to exist!

Mike

Re: Re:

roadking":31exc4jz said:
P.S I also have two Roberts built Geoffrey Butlers.

Can you expand on this connection please, Jon? I know they were local to one another

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Muz 67":fx1bo2lh said:
roadking":fx1bo2lh said:

Can you expand on this connection please, Jon? I know they were local to one another

Thanks,

Mike

I can Mike, what would you like to know ?

Jon.

Re:

Currently cleaning up the groupset for the bike, and need to get some more nail varnish for the paint chips

Mike

Mike Muz 67":16bcjukz said:
roadking":16bcjukz said:
Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

when Charlie Roberts (Chas & Geoff's Dad) left Holdsworthy in the mid 1960s to set up on his own, he was friends with the then owner of Geoffrey Butler's (John Pratt). Charlie used GBs"shed"as his workshop for a while as well as building in the basement of his house in Sydenham.

Charlie built frames for Geoffrey Butler, they're aren't super easy to identify though. I used to go past Butler's shop twice a day on my way to school - although my first custom build was a Roberts, I've always had an attachment to GBs - hence acquiring the two Roberts built framesets.

Jon.

Re:

Thanks for the insight!

I used to go to GB for the Christmas sales. Good place to go for cheap trade kit to ride in.

My first made to measure frameset was a Roberts. The blue one posted earlier

Mike

Back