Charity shop Saracen - help needed !

Thanks all for the advice :D

Cantis are sorted Skeelsie mate but cheers anyway !

I don't think i'll go mad with this but I would like to do a DIY respray (maybe, perhaps, eek!). No great loss if it all goes t*ts-up. Wheels are also sorted !

Will start stripping it down over the next few days. I like the look of the stem/bars so will reinstall them I think. New stickers maybe ?

Once again, thanks guys. If I start a proper project on this i'll post with an appropriate thread.

Night all..............Steve.

BARGIN as they say on Gumtree round our way... I reckon it's 91/92 based on shifters and decals too.

I wouldn't bother with respray, just a quick rattle around the cable holes on top tube (mask off cable!) and I like the scratches on the seatstays, like war wounds from going through too small-a gap(s)!

Concur with most of the above... fit a bolted seatpost clamp - though yours looks like the rust will work fine anyway :LOL:

She just needs lots elbow grease really, and as been said - a super pub bike!

Nice one.And smashing tyres too :cool:
Like most here -Lose the drive train :LOL: :LOL:
Well,its best to strip off one part at a time.If you take it all off,things get lost busted etc.
eg- Take off the front wheel,strip it ,replace the bearings,give the inside of the hub a really good clean then some nice new bearings and grease and re-assemble[you will need cone spanners to load the bearings]
next-Take off fork-strip clean ,replace the bearings, etc etc.
And so on
Then do the frame
The frame is likely to take the longest,in that time important bits will be lost and then you'll have to hunt for replacements taking longer and longer till it pisses you off and you buy new :LOL:

Chainset-[drive train]
Ok most say drop it[me included i suppose,but i must admit ive seen jaggy'r worn rings with 'the names' on them still being used and loved
I have a nice big AC holey outer ring ,its pretty worn,more than yours and theres no way im chucking that out. :LOL: :LOL:
Take that off too and get stuck into the rust[looks surface anyway] with a wire brush.

Hope this helps :D

PS
If you work very very hard and make it beautiful again it could be worth all of seventy quid ;)

Back